Most Overlooked

BILL

Reaction score
What would you guys say is the most overlooked area in detailing today......

interior or exterior.....:confused:

i'd say wheel well finessing

I would say the rain channel in the trunk and the rubber...I have seen a ton of cars whose trunk was never opened during the detail and the channel and rubber were never done

Al

Al-53 said:
I would say the rain channel in the trunk and the rubber...I have seen a ton of cars whose trunk was never opened during the detail and the channel and rubber were never done

Al

YEAH!!! That's a good one, the rain channel........the trunk area in it self also i'd say..:o

gosh that is so hard to say - I mean I rarely even see a clean car! it is like a bad joke. forget swirls! you are lucky if they are ever washed.
don't laugh, but there is one car at my work that has not been washed the entire year - since school started, the same bird poop has been on its hood! we have had little rain and i assume it is garaged, but everyday I go by and think, what would the fellow ag-ers think about this? it has been there since august, i kid you not.

ltoman said:
gosh that is so hard to say - I mean I rarely even see a clean car! it is like a bad joke. forget swirls! you are lucky if they are ever washed.
don't laugh, but there is one car at my work that has not been washed the entire year - since school started, the same bird poop has been on its hood! we have had little rain and i assume it is garaged, but everyday I go by and think, what would the fellow ag-ers think about this? it has been there since august, i kid you not.

When ever i see a car like that i just think the truth.the owner doesn't care about the car.......that's it:o and nothing will change that.i just shake my head,............. and some of those neglected cars are really nice hi-end cars....SHAMEFULL:o

BILL said:
When ever i see a car like that i just think the truth.the owner doesn't care about the car.......that's it:o and nothing will change that.i just shake my head,............. and some of those neglected cars are really nice hi-end cars....SHAMEFULL:o

Well, in this case it is a 2004 Honda Civic LX. It may not be expensive, but it's a good car, and it will have ruined that hood. Need a repaint. thank goodness at least it is silver and not black or something. i want to polish it every day I walk by!

I saw a 2000 model Honda Accord with the clear coat disappearing on the roof and trunk :confused: What's wrong with car owners these days?

klumzypinoy said:
I saw a 2000 model Honda Accord with the clear coat disappearing on the roof and trunk :confused: What's wrong with car owners these days?

A car to them is just a ride..That's it......:(

klumzypinoy said:

that doesnt have much to due with neglect as it has to do with hondas cruddy clearcoat...it is so thin even a porter cable can burn it off...honda clearcoat is more like the essence of what clearcoat should be...

orngez said:
that doesn't have much to due with neglect as it has to do with Honda's cruddy clear coat...it is so thin even a porter cable can burn it off...honda clear coat is more like the essence of what clear coat should be...

Do you think that you as a detailer and lover of any car you bought new or used that you would let that clearcoat as thin as it is ever get into any condition where as you would burn through the clear coat first time????

you like the rest of us would have that thin clear coat so well protected with numerous wax's,sealers etc that nothing would harm it.......;) that's the differerence between us and those on neglect.......

i would say detailing period.

this is what pushed me to start doing it myself again

i recently took our cougar to the local ford dealer, for mount and balance 4 tires alignment and a full deatil.

im not even going to comment on any of the work they did, it was a train wreck

so why not invest the money in my own tools and supplies instead of paying for crappy work, and i iwll have something to show for it

sorry if i got off subject.

Rob:mad:

orngez said:
the most neglected area...the underbody...

ya...deff..but not everyone has a lift to get under and clean it lol

Bottom of the doors while doing Jambs (not the rocker panels but the underside of the open door).
Exterior trim and rubber dressing close 2nd.

most overlooked for me is the underbody. I think its important to get all the winter grime from salt and snow out from under the car come spring (if you live in an area that gets snow, that is). Not many people do this, IMHO...

Pete

For people that are really into detailing (like most people and this forum) I don't think they overlook any area. For most people who own cars I think they over look just about everything. Some are lucky if they wash their cars once a month, rarely sweap out the interior, never clean the motor or door jams. They finally clean out the truck when they are getting ready to sell or trade in the car.

Back