Question about staining trim on a car when using a polish

brig2221

Reaction score
I spent about 4 hours with a local auto detailer today that polished my car with a swirl removing compound. He used Optimum Polish to be exact. Anyways, he didn't tape off any of the car and just used the Polish all over. To his word, the polish did not affect any of my trim on my car.

That said, I have a PC myself and want to work on my wifes car with Poorboy's SSR2.5 polish, and then follow it up with Poorboys new AIO cleaner/sealant. Does anyone know if SSR2.5 will stain auto trim if it comes into contact with it? I guess not all polishes will do this as Optimum seemed to have no ill effect on mine. That said, I don't want to assume the same with Poorboys SSR2.5 and stain up all of the trim on my wife's car. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Yep, it wont stain it. Neither will XMT.

doesnt stain...if any gets on platic trim a wet towel will wipe it off...

SSR2.5 and PwS will not stain. However Poorboy's PwC (white) or Propolish may if you don't wipe it off....

Here's a trick- Apply some type of dressing to all plastic before you begin polishing. This way if the polish does get on the trim you can wipe it right off and it won't stain.

Back