APC compared to dedicated wheel cleaners

wangotango

Reaction score
Presently using Megs APC+, using a 10:1 for general cleaning and 3:1 for wheels/tires. At this point relatively happy with results. Is it going to be important to have a dedicated wheel cleaner (one for each type of wheel or just one heavy duty or general purpose wheel cleaner for all) or should the APC method be ok. I'm wanting to be ready as I am getting more work with some nicer wheels.

Also - how often do you get wheels that you really need to remove to clean properly?

I use APC+ 10:1 for wheels and tires. Work just as good as other wheel cleaners in my opinion and experience. But I do have a dedicated safe wheel cleaner for your more delicate wheels.

tks rider9195 - I'm guessing that delicate means chromed?
and your favorite ded-safe cleaner is...?

tks rider9195 - I'm guessing that delicate means chromed?
and your favorite ded-safe cleaner is...?

Yes, usually chrome or bare aluminum. All other painted or clear coated wheels will hold up fine.

I like using Chemical Guys Sticky Wheel Gel at 6:1. Safe and cleans well!!

If i want to strip the current protection off the wheels I'm doing I use chemical guys nonsense at 10:1 and it strips everything I've been it on. If I'm doing just a regular cleaning then I just use chemical guys diablo since its a very effective and safe cleaner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Gonna try to stay with one product at this point for wheels 'in general'.
Probly gonna get a CG and another then see which is the more practical for me.
Tks for particulars rider9195
Tks for all input!

i use megs APC for everything
wheels , tires , leather , dashboard, engine, i can even clean pads with it diluted 10:1

Back