CheckeredFlag

Reaction score
My Sister in Law recently bought an NSX

Nice car

but the paint needs some work !

What are your suggestions ?

232323232%7Ffp63592%3Enu%3D3344%3E958%3E987%3EWSNRCG%3D3862%3C344%3B3336nu0mrj

and

232323232%7Ffp63633%3Enu%3D3344%3E958%3E987%3EWSNRCG%3D3862%3C645%3A%3B336nu0mrj

I've owned a black one for 20 years now. If it was black i would tell you to RUN away! The paint is soft so it polishes easy but is so soft once it;s flattened a bit that it is difficult to LSP without some scratching, although with that blue it shouldn't be too bad. You didn't say what equip you have. I have always used 3m perfect it foam polishing pad glaze dark on " waffle pad on 7" IR air buffer. I know that works but i'm now moving to a DA system and plan to use Menz 85RD on Flex 3401 orange white or black pad. I did try this on a spare door and it looked fantastic. You will be surprised how large of scratches you can get our with really fine polishes on these paints so stay with them and just use more time. The rear bump and front nose has much harder paint from the flex add i assume. You will have to experiment with a more aggressive product perhaps Menz 106 or stronger?. The clear coat is supposed to be thin and i did burn thru my rear bumper so handle with care. Make sure you get to drive it some. What a great car, i will never sell mine.

I've owned a black one for 20 years now. If it was black i would tell you to RUN away! The paint is soft so it polishes easy but is so soft once it;s flattened a bit that it is difficult to LSP without some scratching, although with that blue it shouldn't be too bad. You didn't say what equip you have. I have always used 3m perfect it foam polishing pad glaze dark on " waffle pad on 7" IR air buffer. I know that works but i'm now moving to a DA system and plan to use Menz 85RD on Flex 3401 orange white or black pad. I did try this on a spare door and it looked fantastic. You will be surprised how large of scratches you can get our with really fine polishes on these paints so stay with them and just use more time. The rear bump and front nose has much harder paint from the flex add i assume. You will have to experiment with a more aggressive product perhaps Menz 106 or stronger?. The clear coat is supposed to be thin and i did burn thru my rear bumper so handle with care. Make sure you get to drive it some. What a great car, i will never sell mine.

Pics please. I am a huge Acura fan.

I had an S2000 for several years and the paint they use on these cars is SUPER soft. The bad news . . . it's easy to get cob webbing like you're seeing here if you don't wash the car properly. The good news . . . the paint is so soft that it's not too hard to knock those scratches out. I always had great luck on my S2K with Menzerna polishes. I strongly recommend finishing with PO85RD on a pad with almost not cut to it (i.e. a finishing pad). I used to use a PC but have since moved on to a Flex which I find cuts some working time out.

Your sister's paint will sparkle when you're done!

I just detailed a 2002 S2K this past Monday and it came out great using the following products:

-ONR rinseless wash
-Griot's clay bar
-Meg's UC to polish it out using my GG 6" and 3" RO
-3" RO used Optimum mf pad
-6" RO used GG orange pad
-DG #101
-DG #111
-DG PBA added to both of the above
-Black Fire Crystal Seal

The car was silver and had a series of claw marks from his dog all the way down both doors as well as part of the quarter panel, they all came out, as well as the swirls that showed up on a silver car, so you can imagine how it looked, even in the sun you could see em'.

Hope to see pics when your done, love that blue and BTW, former Detroit resident right here!

My Sister in Law recently bought an NSX

Nice car

but the paint needs some work !

What are your suggestions ?

232323232%7Ffp63592%3Enu%3D3344%3E958%3E987%3EWSNRCG%3D3862%3C344%3B3336nu0mrj

and

232323232%7Ffp63633%3Enu%3D3344%3E958%3E987%3EWSNRCG%3D3862%3C645%3A%3B336nu0mrj

A women who bought an NSX? Too bad she's not single. I've had good results with Optimum polishes. Especially, the fine polish. May come in handy If the paint is soft, as it does some decent correcting for a fine polish and the work time is like forever. A very high quality fine polish.

I agree with tanto. I owned one for about two years. Extremely soft paint. I would use meguiars d300 and some form of sealant and apply it by machine. It's so easy to scratch the paint by waxing by hand. If you need to wax the car the only other way is to do it bare handed. No applicator.

I can tell you what works well for my 2007 Acura TL Type-S in Kinetic Blue Pearl. I use a PC7424XP on speed 5 with a white polishing pad and M205. Finishes down perfect and pulls out any imperfections with ease. As others have said, Acura/Honda paint is very soft so I really doubt you will need to get aggressive.

You can see pics of my car by going to my page found in my signature.

Newer Acura paint is harder then the old ones. Big difference.

I use M105 and M205 on my S2000. Ive also used Wolfgang TSR and FG and those work very well. You shouldn't have a problem with this NSX. Menzerna polishes are great too.

Back