Xmt Glaze???

trhland

Reaction score
how Do You Guys Like The Glaze?? Is It Good To Use ?

I love the stuff,and so does Justin. It makes the paint sooooo wet
Here is 2 vettes with XMT Glaze and Souveran
IMG_2809BlackC6.jpg

IMG_2674redC6.jpg

i love it...gives it a really nice prep shine for a good wax...great stuff...its got my vote..

here is just xmt glaze with no wax..

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

scottgt said:
i love it...gives it a really nice prep shine for a good wax...great stuff...its got my vote..

here is just xmt glaze with no wax..

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg
WOW!thanks for the reply. by the way how are you applying it??and does it cover up scratches? can i use it if i dont want to polish.

trhland said:
WOW!thanks for the reply. by the way how are you applying it??and does it cover up scratches? can i use it if i dont want to polish.

POLISHING WILL ALWAYS GIVE YOU BETTER RESULTS..........;)

I like the Glaze, it does fill minor scratches. It does give a little umph to the paint, gives it that wet look. Oh and the smell man that stuff smells good...makes me hungry every time I use it.

As proof, just look at the Vett's and the Bug...I never new they made body panels of glass hahahaha.

Pinnacle XMT, and ClearKote RMG are some of the best glazes you can get. Both are highly recommended.

I'll be honest I didn't care for XMT Glaze, didn't make a difference on darks that RMG or CG does and noticed nothing on lights unlike RMG or CG again. Didn't like the way it applied either, gets absorbed into pads and feels like dry buffing. Sorry AG:(, reminded me more of Megs Cleaner wax, smells excellent though and I don't even like grape smells/taste lol.

I feel RMG and CG EZ-Creme are the best around with CG getting the edge as it will hold its looks as long as your wax being acrylic.

Last edited:
I have used it a couple of times and I don't really care for it that much. I like a coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant better. I usually top the Wolfgang DGPS off with a nuba.

i use a grey pad....i donno..i will always stand behind it..ya it fills in very minor things...gives it some depth...its really good stuff...make sure u have a grape soda next to it ..thehe

Another vote for the XMT glaze here. I love this stuff too. It wets the paint, brings out the color and gets the car ready for waxing. Here's another XMT glaze & Souveran pic on a 9 year old bug. :)

exteriorafter2.jpg

Surfer said:
I'll be honest I didn't care for XMT Glaze, didn't make a difference on darks that RMG or CG does and noticed nothing on lights unlike RMG or CG again. Didn't like the way it applied either, gets absorbed into pads and feels like dry buffing. Sorry AG:(, reminded me more of Megs Cleaner wax, smells excellent though and I don't even like grape smells/taste lol.

I feel RMG and CG EZ-Creme are the best around with CG getting the edge as it will hold its looks as long as your wax being acrylic.

Agree... C.G. rocks as far as glazes

if im looking for a quick cover up job can i use glaze then throw a coat of wax on it?? i iknow a full polish is the best but i dont always have a free 8 hours to polish and my paints in pretty good shape

trhland said:
if im looking for a quick cover up job can i use glaze then throw a coat of wax on it?? i iknow a full polish is the best but i dont always have a free 8 hours to polish and my paints in pretty good shape

SURE YOU CAN...BUT HOW LONG IT WILL LAST IS THE QUESTION,

if you top with a durable wax it may last as long as the wax lasts......

MEGS 16.......;)

I've even used XMT Glaze as a one stepper before 360. It has light cleaners in it that really polish out the surface and makes it so wet and glossy. I've had no bonding issues with it at all..........with carnauba's.

glaze is nice enough, but does not have enough durability to use alone. Would only last a week or two at best. Needs a carnauba topper ...

FloridaNative said:
Another vote for the XMT glaze here. I love this stuff too. It wets the paint, brings out the color and gets the car ready for waxing. Here's another XMT glaze & Souveran pic on a 9 year old bug.

exteriorafter2.jpg
I can't recall a car ever looking that good.Looks like it was dipped in cooking oil.:D I would say detail of the year:applause:

Back