The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Agreed, money is a little tight right now, wish I had done it last year when it was easier. That said, it WILL get done

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
🥳
208620d5fd6ae21b644a03f183dcc84a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

208620d5fd6ae21b644a03f183dcc84a.jpg

I got an intake and exhaust first, then rims for the 3 seasons and winter tires for the stock rims, WeatherTechs for the front and back and a catchcan, so I did alot last year actually. I usually get tint pretty early on but went a different route this time...now I have the curve ball life has dealt me to deal with, if its Gods will, I WILL

I got an intake and exhaust first, then rims for the 3 seasons and winter tires for the stock rims, WeatherTechs for the front and back and a catchcan, so I did alot last year actually. I usually get tint pretty early on but went a different route this time...now I have the curve ball life has dealt me to deal with, if its Gods will, I WILL

Yes but rule one before anything lol tint is required! You know long it took me to get my windows tinted 16.9 mins! So what my friend own a tint shop and got it for free but that's not the point....the point is it for done!!! Lol I'm kidding but rule one tint is always first so you can pull up at the light like this
516fa3b76718226b607689b708cd0b8c.jpg

From a couple days ago, just a waterless wash with ONR wash and wax, wiped down with Megs last touch detailer. Wheels got the same treatment as the paint, tires dressed with an old product I found going through supplies getting ready for my move to Florida, EcoTouch Tire Shine. Wife’s car in the background staying clean and shiny and waiting for its wash in 3 or 4 days(doing a test with 360 and DP AIO on the hood, rest of the car has Megs UFF all over).

55018e155c3c1929e146b4ae77fdae18.jpg

And from a week ago after a short cruise.

bd904d74415b6fee0176f1eaabd4eb86.jpg

e8b19ad21a40601b2bc8da70a4aab6de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See DM you saw me just fuss above about lack of tint

Hahaha! Actually had made plans in February to get my wife’s car(Mazda 3) tinted and quoted around $400. Unfortunately my car at the time crapped out on me and it ended up being a engine failure(never ever buy a Mini!) Then corona happened and I live paycheck to paycheck as it is, so what was going to be an early birthday present for her has been put on hold :/

As for the Miata, up until a couple days ago I had planned to sell it but will be taking it when we move to Florida. I myself tend to prefer the “Fish bowl” look myself but in Florida tints will be a must!!

What year MINI was it

2010, with 101k miles, but doesn’t matter to me, they’re all complete junk!(I have many more words for it but I can’t share that on a public forum). I only drove it about 5k miles in 9 months and in that time this is what happened:
-1st week of ownership- thermostat housing cracked(looks like an artificial heart this thing is unnecessarily complicated and made of plastic!! Also water pipe that connects to it is plastic, $220 later it’s fixed)

-Couple months later(July 2019)- listening to the radio and the volume goes fulls blast and sounds like pure bass only, the amp blew out and it’s not a cheap fix. These are on the cars equipped with Harmon Kardon stereo “upgrade” but are known to fail.

-Constant but not always replicatable random misfire. Checking obd codes didn’t always confirm the same codes so I wasted money on plugs and coils($150). Didn’t fix it.

-Driving one day and the whole car just dies on the highway. Get to my friends who was only 5 minutes further on my 50 minute journey to his house. We scan codes and get the same misfire codes but this time all cylinders, random. Looking around online many people said high pressure fuel pump, I wasn’t covered under MINIs fuel pump “warranty” so had to buy one. Not cheap about $600.

The engine had burnt exhaust valves, bent and one valve was missing a chunk like a slice of pie missing from a full pie if that makes sense. Before anybody blames me for whatever reason, I use premium fuel, top up regularly(rarely go below half tank), check fluids and I honestly don’t beat my cars or drive them hard, I’m in my 30’s not some child!

I hope the company completely fails, goes under and never exists ever again, cars are complete junk!! Never buy and MINI and if you know somebody looking to buy one, well unless you hate them, tell them to walk away.
God gave me all the signs that day that I shouldn’t have bought it and we’ll I didn’t listen to Him and payed a hefty bill..

(Edited to say, just talking about it still infuriated me and my heart rate and blood pressure have skyrocketed!)

I had a first year R56...enough said

Shined up my plastidip wheels and tires.
eddaf8cef9293838e38e70b01ae2ebf4.jpg
df9172fea71df2b62c06d81b836c7332.jpg
322d86f8b4320889293d431811060ab5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not making light of that situation as 08/09 was terrible globally, but if all was well in the economy, the MINI would’ve made sure you felt some pain.

My daily driver all dolled up. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, Pinnacle Glass Coat, Blackfire SiO2 Wheel Seal, Pinnacle tire clear coat, Chemical Guys VRP on the black trim and Jet Seal on the head lights and tail lights. I drove the gold one behind it for 13 years before passing it down to my son.

View attachment 69799

The wife’s car.
Washed with DP Car Wash
Dried with Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Wax
Wiped down with Megs Last Touch Detailer
Tires shined with EcoTouch Tire Shine

203e316859681a260a46be6cb9c1ecd5.jpg

8a5f99349a9bf38de7c38dda5dec4de1.jpg

0a62a89090178d212396363f74ba2d84.jpg

I think my Cadillac is looking pretty sharp right now after its Friday night Wolfgang Uber/Beadmaker waterless wash.

c116277337ce3ffc37cf7b290259065e.jpg

eb240b417df32f2576b1067725749187.jpg

The wife’s car.
Washed with DP Car Wash
Dried with Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Wax
Wiped down with Megs Last Touch Detailer
Tires shined with EcoTouch Tire Shine

203e316859681a260a46be6cb9c1ecd5.jpg

8a5f99349a9bf38de7c38dda5dec4de1.jpg

0a62a89090178d212396363f74ba2d84.jpg

I'm sure which detailing video guy I was watching, maybe Leach's channel but they said not to use Hybrid Solutions ceramic spray wax as a drying aid but apparently you did, so how did it work that way? I must say that color really pops in the sun

Hey Klasse sorry for any confusion, I used the Ceramic Wet Wax. The one they developed to use as a drying aid and must say it worked very well!

Hey Klasse sorry for any confusion, I used the Ceramic Wet Wax. The one they developed to use as a drying aid and must say it worked very well!
Thanks

I know it's the wife's ride but I'd love to see some nice, med to dark bronze rims on that car, would really set it off nicely

Thanks

I know it's the wife's ride but I'd love to see some nice, med to dark bronze rims on that car, would really set it off nicely

Man we’d love to, she’s into cars as well but at this moment it’s just not in the cards for us

Back