Is my sealant/wax plan a good one?

Dewy

Reaction score
New black Tacoma never touched by dealer. I dawned, clayed, zaio,z5,z2. Was not happy with the looks under swirl finder. Many type 2 waterspots. My plan is to use pinnacle shampoo, pinnacle swirl remover on the wspots,pinnacle finish polish, then apply z2 followed by pinnacle soverin. Will the z2 bond over the pinnacle polish? I like the durability of the sealant and the looks of the carnauba. Any thoughts? Sorry so long.

New black Tacoma never touched by dealer. I dawned, clayed, zaio,z5,z2. Was not happy with the looks under swirl finder. Many type 2 waterspots. My plan is to use pinnacle shampoo, pinnacle swirl remover on the wspots,pinnacle finish polish,

A friendly reminder: It may take a little more aggressive products to abrade away Type II water-spots.
(NOTE: Mike Phillips has articles dealing with water-spots...Have you read those yet?)

Also…If you don't mind...Take a peek at this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum.../55585-looking-advice-serious-waterspots.html

Will the z2 bond over the pinnacle polish?

^^^This^^^...
Would be an excellent question to present to Sal over at the "Z"-site!!

I like the durability of the sealant and the looks of the carnauba. Any thoughts? Sorry so long.

^^^I do too!!^^^

:)

Bob

I haven't had any issues with Z2 bonding over Pinnacle. Or Menzerna, or Sonus etc.
So far my best topping over Z2 has been Fusion.
Right now I have PB Natty's Blue over Z2 and while nice isn't nearly as deep and rich as with Fusion.
Both are enhanced with PB QD+ , that's awesome stuff.

Can you dilute the PB's quick detailer?

It takes such a small amount to do a car I don't know why you would want to.
I have a sample bottle I got a long time ago, I liked it so much I bought a quart and after maybe 2 dozen applications I have refilled it one time.
And I'm using it on a Marauder, not exactly a small car.

Back