PDA

View Full Version : All in Ones

Pages : [1] 2

ejflanag
04-18-2007, 07:40 PM
I currently used Poorboys PwS and loved it. I used it with a LC orange pad and it took out some light scratches and left and awsome shine. I am now currently running down to my last drops and want to know if the XMT360 would be worth trying over the PwS. Im putting my order in soon so plz convince me to buy one or the other. Feedback on both items please.

Gary Sword
04-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I have not tried PwS but I just tried XMT 360 for the first time and was amazed at it's ability to remove scraches and the finish it left on the car.

ejflanag
04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Is the 360 an easy off does it dry up on the car and make it stuborn to get off. I no with the PwS it was an easy apply with an easy wipe off.

Gary Sword
04-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Is the 360 an easy off does it dry up on the car and make it stuborn to get off. I no with the PwS it was an easy apply with an easy wipe off.

It wipes of real easy if fact after it breaks down there's not much left of it.

BetaB
04-18-2007, 07:59 PM
i just ordered 360 today to replace my PwS, so I'll let you know in a week or two if necessary :)

budman3
04-18-2007, 08:01 PM
The XMT 360 contains abrasives where PwS does not. They are both AIOs but I see them as pretty different products. I haven't tried XMT360 but I do know that PwS is very versitile whether you use it by hand, PC, rotary, with a finishing pad, polishing pad, or cutting pad... it'll cut the swirls, leave the finish very slick, won't dust, add protection, clean the paint, won't fill in swirls when used as a polish, etc. From the pictures I've seen about XMT360, you can't go wrong with it either.

Rsurfer
04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
I currently used Poorboys PwS and loved it. I used it with a LC orange pad and it took out some light scratches and left and awsome shine. I am now currently running down to my last drops and want to know if the XMT360 would be worth trying over the PwS. Im putting my order in soon so plz convince me to buy one or the other. Feedback on both items please.

If the pws gave you the look you wanted why not just wax instead of polishing again. Even sourveran spray wax will maintain the sealant for weeks. Better yet apply a good paste over pws. Just my 2 cents.

dengood1
04-18-2007, 08:16 PM
The XMT 360 contains abrasives where PwS does not. They are both AIOs but I see them as pretty different products. I haven't tried XMT360 but I do know that PwS is very versitile whether you use it by hand, PC, rotary, with a finishing pad, polishing pad, or cutting pad... it'll cut the swirls, leave the finish very slick, won't dust, add protection, clean the paint, won't fill in swirls when used as a polish, etc. From the pictures I've seen about XMT360, you can't go wrong with it either.

I beg to differ: The PWS has light abrasives in it, hence the name Poorboys Sealant with Polish. They may be light, but they're there I think. Maybe I'm wrong:confused:

BetaB
04-18-2007, 08:20 PM
I beg to differ: The PWS has light abrasives in it, hence the name Poorboys Sealant with Polish. They may be light, but they're there I think. Maybe I'm wrong:confused:
You are quite right, if anyone is in doubt, i'll come over and prove it to you on your freshly polished car:awesome:mmmmmmm mister banana man loves thousands of tiny scratches.

I have induced many swirls when I applied PwS by hand, maybe i'm a noob, but i didn't seem to master it by hand. But, the rotary and PC are another discussion, it works great with them.

budman3
04-18-2007, 09:08 PM

Just because the name says polish doesn't mean it has abrasives. Zaino calls their sealants polishes... I don't think there are abrasives in that... Poorboy's also has the Pro Polish which also doesn't have abrasives. Everything that touches paint is going to be somewhat abrasive, whether it is an applicatior pad, your finger, a polish, a wash mitt, etc.

You are quite right, if anyone is in doubt, i'll come over and prove it to you on your freshly polished car:awesome:mmmmmmm mister banana man loves thousands of tiny scratches.

I have induced many swirls when I applied PwS by hand, maybe i'm a noob, but i didn't seem to master it by hand. But, the rotary and PC are another discussion, it works great with them.

By hand PwS will act as a sealant and glaze. It won't be removing any swirls marks = no abrasives. It may fill a little because that is the nature of sealants and waxes, the minimal amount left on the paint will fill the valley of the swirls making it look like it is gone. You inducing swirls could have been from a dirty applicator, an rough applicator, a dirty vehicle or the swirls could have always been on the car and now you are noticing them... They could have been hidden by whatever wax you used before and the PwS stripped that showing you the swirls. Stick your fingers into the PwS and rub the polish between your fingers... feel any grit? Compare that to a strong polish- XMT3 or SSR2.5, etc. Big difference.

supercharged
04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
XMT 360 is a must for every enthusiast! I'm ordering some myself, thinking about a 32 oz bottle.

ejflanag
04-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Ya i looked into the 32oz bottle its either on sale or is just priced right either way i was satisfied with the price i had seen. im going to try and go with the 360.

So does the 360 remove swirls and light scratches if used with the right pad cause iknow its pad dependent.

dengood1
04-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Just because the name says polish doesn't mean it has abrasives. Zaino calls their sealants polishes... I don't think there are abrasives in that... Poorboy's also has the Pro Polish which also doesn't have abrasives. Everything that touches paint is going to be somewhat abrasive, whether it is an applicatior pad, your finger, a polish, a wash mitt, etc.

By hand PwS will act as a sealant and glaze. It won't be removing any swirls marks = no abrasives. It may fill a little because that is the nature of sealants and waxes, the minimal amount left on the paint will fill the valley of the swirls making it look like it is gone. You inducing swirls could have been from a dirty applicator, an rough applicator, a dirty vehicle or the swirls could have always been on the car and now you are noticing them... They could have been hidden by whatever wax you used before and the PwS stripped that showing you the swirls. Stick your fingers into the PwS and rub the polish between your fingers... feel any grit? Compare that to a strong polish- XMT3 or SSR2.5, etc. Big difference.

I did say that I could be wrong:p

BetaB
04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
It may fill a little because that is the nature of sealants and waxes, the minimal amount left on the paint will fill the valley of the swirls making it look like it is gone. You inducing swirls could have been from a dirty applicator, an rough applicator, a dirty vehicle or the swirls could have always been on the car and now you are noticing them....

Are you kidding? Do you own this product?

dengood1
04-19-2007, 07:47 AM

I just received an email from Steve at Poorboys....and the verdict is:

there are micro-abrasives that cannot be felt by hand along with chemical cleaners
--
Steve
Poorboy's World Products
www.poorboysworld.com (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/www.poorboysworld.com) = site
www.poorboysworld.net (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/www.poorboysworld.net) = forum

Just wanted to clarify for everyone without misleading, but apparently there are abrasives......just very small.