PDA

View Full Version : Rust-Oleum Wax and Tar Remover??

Dirtyrango212
10-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey everyone im running low on KS prep-all and was at walmart early today and noticed they had a few quarts of the Rust-Oleum Auto Wax and Tar Remover marked down to $2.50 :xyxthumbs: is this any good does it dry/act the same as prep-all? Who uses it any info would be much appreciated don't wanna miss out on a good deal?

swanicyouth
10-15-2012, 02:01 AM
I use it all the time, its not solvent based it's water based. It's very safe. I don't know if it leaves anything behind though, but it's great if you want to remove an LSP. It is different than Prep-All, as I'm guessing that is solvent based, but I have never used it.

BobbyG
10-15-2012, 06:11 AM
I see no reason not to give it a try. It sounds like it's formulated for automotive use by a reputable manufacturer and for that price I would not resist the offer...

Let us know what you think and how it compares to Klean Strip prep-All... :props:

KillaCam
10-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I can't for the life of me seem to find any Klean strip prep all in my area. I've checked walmart, oreillys, advance auto, all with no luck. They carry other Klean Strip products, but not prep all.

swanicyouth
10-15-2012, 10:50 AM
The Rustoleum stuff is also good to remove spent polish. I has a soapy component too it, so it has a lot of lubrication. I went to my Wal Mart and it want in sale there.

FUNX650
10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Rust-Oleum Auto Wax and Tar Remover

Just curious...What are you going to be using this for/on?

:)

Bob

Wheelzntoys
10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Did you check auto body paint shops?

I found DuPont brand at local paint shop.

Dirtyrango212
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
I see no reason not to give it a try. It sounds like it's formulated for automotive use by a reputable manufacturer and for that price I would not resist the offer...

Let us know what you think and how it compares to Klean Strip prep-All... :props:

Yea im gonna pick sum up for the price why not? I just like the ease of prep-all wowo and done.

Dirtyrango212
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
The Rustoleum stuff is also good to remove spent polish. I has a soapy component too it, so it has a lot of lubrication. I went to my Wal Mart and it want in sale there.

Do you have to wash it off? In other words it dose not evaporate correct? And it was not on sale it is marked down like on clearance? In a another part of the automotive department with the RV stuff ohh they also had meguiars motorcycle products with the red labels. on clearance there as well Idk?

Dirtyrango212
10-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Just curious...What are you going to be using this for/on?

:)

Bob

Just in general paint prep,wax/grease removal, ect?