How often?

jjj

Reaction score
Hey all! I was just curious about how often you do swirl removal to your personal cars. I know we all have different color vehicles, but was just wondering what opinions are out there.

I will do swirl removal when I have swirls, if not I'll use a paint cleaner. but since Ihave good wash technique, polishing swirls really doesn't happen that often.

I don't obsess about it... I've got some random scratches right now if you look close and a few swirls, but I'm the only one that knows that they're there. If you look at the car from 5 feet away, it still looks really nice and frankly everybody else thanks it looks perfect.

So I'll get around to it in the next couple months....

I do it as little as possible! I've gotten my wash technique to be pretty swirl/marring free, I can go 2 years or so before I feel like I need to do any sort of correction, though I will usually hit the car with a light polish after claying.

I don't obsess about it... I've got some random scratches right now if you look close and a few swirls, but I'm the only one that knows that they're there. If you look at the car from 5 feet away, it still looks really nice and frankly everybody else thanks it looks perfect.

So I'll get around to it in the next couple months....

Feel the same way now, my car has random scratches, but like glen said from 5 feet away you cant see them.

Would yall consider M205 or Pinnacle Finessing polish with tangerine pad as heavy polishing?

Would yall consider M205 or Pinnacle Finessing polish with tangerine pad as heavy polishing?

I wouldnt consider it heavy at all. I would say that would be the ideal once or twice a year polish for a finish with light marring and towel marks from numerous QD sessions, waterless wash, and rinsless washes.

How often would you use a product like xmt 360?

All in one on same car in a 12 month time frame.

I don't think I would ever do an all in one on my own car, just because I would rather go the full route and polish the swirls out and put on a dedicated LSP.

I use the AIO on my gfs car though... I've only done it once, but I'm probably not going to do it again for another 3 - 6 months lol

I don't think I would ever do an all in one on my own car, just because I would rather go the full route and polish the swirls out and put on a dedicated LSP.

I use the AIO on my gfs car though... I've only done it once, but I'm probably not going to do it again for another 3 - 6 months lol

You do full polish once year or more.

If you use a cutting polish really often, and it's not needed, youre just taking paint off your car, and if you want paint to clean, better not polish for no reason! :)

people tend to polish, when only polishing is needed. Some may use polishes that have "cutting" ability, some like me use a chemical polish aka cleaner, since swirls aren't an issue due to wash technique.

you may want to look in the "how to" section as a lot of this stuff is previously covered there with lots of great threads!:dblthumb2:

Is this a question, statement, or comment? I'm kind of confused lol

I'm going to assume this is a question, so the answer would be no. I put on opticoat on my car, and I'm hoping to not have to repolish it for at least 2 years :xyxthumbs:

Back