hydrotech or hybrid pads?

davidc11291

Reaction score
It's time to replace some worn out pads. I love my hydrotechs, but am wondering if the hybrids are even better. My philosophy is why would a company release a new product line unless it's better than their last release. Anyone who's used both, chime in and let me know how you think they compare to each other & benefits/drawbacks of each system.

Thanks.

It's time to replace some worn out pads. I love my hydrotechs, but am wondering if the hybrids are even better. My philosophy is why would a company release a new product line unless it's better than their last release. Anyone who's used both, chime in and let me know how you think they compare to each other & benefits/drawbacks of each system.

Thanks.

If you love the hydros and you have a process down stick with it. If you want to try something else( as most of us do ) look at the MF pads I think you'll be surprised at what you can do.

I havent used any of the hybrids but i have no plans on giving up my HT's any time soon! Love those things.

If you love the hydros and you have a process down stick with it. If you want to try something else( as most of us do ) look at the MF pads I think you'll be surprised at what you can do.

MF pads are definitely gonna get ordered soon. I figure I'll use MF for cutting, but I'm concerned that they won't finish down as well as foam, so I'll use foam for polishing and 1 step AIO's.

MF pads are definitely gonna get ordered soon. I figure I'll use MF for cutting, but I'm concerned that they won't finish down as well as foam, so I'll use foam for polishing and 1 step AIO's.

let me tell you can a whole lot with MF pads......And IMHO better than foam! You will find that you will always find a need for foam( so stick with your favorite right now)

But you can do so much with the new MF technology you'll really be amazed!

Good advice.

OPS/OMF pad on the PC is a winner, IMO.

Never tried the hybrids though.

I use Mf 95% of the time.....you CAN do some real cool stuff with MF pads.

I have only used foam 1 time as a follow up to MF only because it was a repaint.

Think about it.......need to know to more?

ask away!

Sup VT.

Let me also ask you guys that use MF pads, which brand is best? LC, Optimum, or Meg's?

What's going on hand? :dblthumb2:

Dad07 has more experience with the various mfg. offerings.
I'm tried and true OCC.

Sup VT.

Let me also ask you guys that use MF pads, which brand is best? LC, Optimum, or Meg's?

IMHO all of the above.....once you start using MF you'll find that some paints like one or the other.....its trial and error.

right now I like Megs and LC for hard paints........Optimun for soft.

It really depends on the compound and the polish you want to use, or not to use.

Back