Next Thrifty vs Fifty being edited now, can you guess what products?

ihaveacamaro

Reaction score
What's up guys? I hope you enjoyed my first episode of Thrifty vs Fifty.

The next episode is on APC on tires. It should be edited and up on youtube within a couple of hours.

I have to say there are some surprising results. You guys curious to know what happens? Think you know what products I used?

Let's hear it! :xyxthumbs:

doubt these are them, but i have a few ideas

Pad cleaner vs dawn or the like
MF detergent vs normal or baby detergent

possibly sonax or another high end wheel cleaner vs APC?

Shawn

One product has been mentioned, but not the other. Youtube says another 67 minutes for this upload lol!

Hey, nice test...I have some comments though...

(It was LA's Totally Awesome vs. Optimum Power Clean)

You tested both products at a 3:1 dilution ratio. OPC was 6 times the price of LA, you could have tried LA at 2:1, 1:1, or straight. Based on your results, it would seem that the LA might have matched the OPC at a higher dilution, and still been tons cheaper.

Likewise, in your bonus Tuf Shine test, the Tuf Shine is available in a gallon at ACC for $40, so, size-for-size, it's only a bit more expensive than OPC. Perhaps OPC at 2:1 would equal the Tuf Shine, and at a better price point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhKu-RZTX0&list=UU5J5IuU4tD3xvw2rBqt2KUQ&index=1&feature=plcp]Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA's Totally Awesome HD - YouTube[/video]

You tested both products at a 3:1 dilution ratio. OPC was 6 times the price of LA, you could have tried LA at 2:1, 1:1, or straight. Based on your results, it would seem that the LA might have matched the OPC at a higher dilution, and still been tons cheaper.

Likewise, in your bonus Tuf Shine test, the Tuf Shine is available in a gallon at ACC for $40, so, size-for-size, it's only a bit more expensive than OPC. Perhaps OPC at 2:1 would equal the Tuf Shine, and at a better price point.

Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA's Totally Awesome HD - YouTube

Ah you beat me to it! I was actually doing a quick wash of my car while it uploaded.

I'm going to quote and answer your question on the new thread I made, as having two of these threads is a bit redundant :xyxthumbs:

Well said :props:

If I were going the $6/gallon route, I would choose the purple power - somewhere around $7 I think, and walks the dog on LATA.

Back