Menza polish help

rcramie

Reaction score
My wife wrecked the grabber blue Mustang and the replacement vehicle is a 2008 Dodge Ram black in color, that is covered in swirls.

I plan on correcting with Megs compounds I have 105, D300, and UC right now with Meg MF cutting disk. My LSP will be BFWD topped by P2S1.

My question is about the polish I been wanting to try a different polish besides Megs and was wondering about the Menza line and what pads to use on with them. The P085RD is the one im wondering the most about what pad and what product should I use before?

Also will welcome ideas on other brands.

2012-10-05_11-19-40_167.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't think it will buff out.

2012-10-08_12-10-28_533.jpg
[/IMG]

_facebook_2051848007_.jpg
[/IMG]

Ouch!! Hope she is ok. That looks nasty. As far as the Menz stuff goes, right now I have power gloss, power finish, and p085rd(older white bottle). I know some people say the PG is like rocks in a bottle but I dissagree. It has quick initial cut and finishes down pretty dang good for an aggressive compound. I use it mostly on rough stuff with a LC 5.5" orange pad on my GG da.

Power finish im not a huge fan of yet. Im sure Ill find the combo that works for me but it just doesnt seem to have much cut. So far I've only used it on my truck and my wifes new challenger with flat LC white and black pads. It does finish down good and has a long working time.

PO85rd is the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion. I use it with a black pad to remove an old lsp before laying down another coat of something new. It has decent cut and will remove light swirls and scratches and lightly etched water spots even with the black pad. It also finishes with amazing gloss. Use the white pad and it amazes me what it will correct.

As far as what you have now, I do feel like you need something in between the megs compounds and po85rd. I've havent used it yet but people talk very highly of Menz SIP. Thats going to be my next polish purchase.

Power finish is great on middle to soft paint correction wise. SIP dust like crazy. Not as bad as 105, but pretty bad. Im looking for something better than that now. Want something that is stronger than power finish, not as much as 105 and very little dust. The search continues.

I used the 4000 on my blue Mustang last week as sort of an 85% pre-winter detail. It took out some light swirls and the shine is great. I followed with 2 coats of WGDGS. I'm very happy. I'm do a full detail in March and try my 4500 then as a final polish

CMW we got real lucky she walked away bruised and sore not even a stitch.

That is what im having trouble picking what between the Megs and the PO85?

When you say P085 black pad what brand of pads? I have the Megs black foam pads now.

Sent from my MB860 using AG Online

Glad she's ok. That coulda been bad.

You know since you already have it you might try the UC on a polishing pad like the lake country flat white pad and then follow up with the 85rd on a white pad. 85 rd may be able to clear the haze up from the UC just fine. Especially if you use UC with a white pad. Ive used UC and it does finish pretty decent with a white pad. Obviously its going to depend on clear hardness.

The black pad I'm refering to is lake country flat grey/black pad. I always use 5.5" pads on my griots. Tried the 6.5" first and its hard to keep pad rotation going with the softer black pads. Correction is much easier for me and I have much better control with the smaller and thinner lake country 5.5" flats

Just went into the store and looked at the megs foam pads. Not sure which one you have. I didn't see any megs black smaller than 6.5". Ill say if they are over 5.5" I dont think you will have much correction with the 85rd using a da. Gotta keep the pad rotating to break down the abrasives. I'm doing 4 section passes with the 85rd and black lake country pad on speed 5.

I used 85RD last weekend on my black sapphire BMW for the first time on a 7424 w/ LC CCCS black pads. The car was in close to excellent shape prior, and I was just trying to squeeze the most gloss out of the color. My thoughts on it:

-It wouldn't correct much on BMW paint. There were a few light scratches here and there that I couldn't get rid of without bumping up to a green CG Hex Logic with WGTSR 3.0.

-I didn't really notice the polish was as oily as everyone says. I used it very sparingly (maybe too sparingly at times) and it wiped off when spent clean and easy.

- I didn't notice the work time as being excessively long. Again, this may go back to me using it sparingly

- I took my time and washed, clayed, and polished over 3 days in my 1 car garage with fluorescents and halogen lights being drug all over. When I finished the sun was setting and I took it outside LSP free and the 85rd did seem to add some pop.

- However, since working with Optimums SMAT Polish II & Finish I think I prefer them. Maybe I wasn't using enough product, but the 85rd seemed to either buff too wet or too dry. Optimums polishes (and TSR 3.0) seemed more consistent and predictable on how much polish to apply and how long to work them. Not like I had an issue, though

Ever consider Optimums Polishes?

Back