How often do you guys wax?

Mike T

Reaction score
Just curious. I myself try to wax one a month and use a wax Booster once a week.

Every 4 - 6 weeks. Often more frequently than that. I use a variety of booster and wax based quick detailers in between.

With Pinnacle Sourevan every 6 weeks, With Pinnacle Liquid Sourevan every 2 weeks, Crystal mist nearly everyday.

With souveran paste every 2 weeks...........20-30 minutes

In between times? C.M.

DS Detailer said:
With Pinnacle Sourevan every 6 weeks, With Pinnacle Liquid Sourevan every 2 weeks, Crystal mist nearly everyday.

I have both of these and would reverse the timing. Liquid Souveran is more durable (but cheaper) than Souveran paste.

pt91 said:
I have both of these and would reverse the timing. Liquid Souveran is more durable (but cheaper) than Souveran paste.

The LS enhances the shine on the PS... and doing it every 2 weeks, keeps the PS topped. It's a decent shine, and that way I'm not spending as much on wax.

paint sealants --- 10 weeks maximum
I use a QD like Quikshine, FK 425 to amp up gloss at each wash (2X weekly)

carnuaba waxes --- 6 weeks maximum
I use Crystal Mist after each wash (2X weekly) to amp up carnuaba

killrwheels@autogeek said:
paint sealants --- 10 weeks maximum
I use a QD like Quikshine, FK 425 to amp up gloss at each wash (2X weekly)

carnuaba waxes --- 6 weeks maximum
I use Crystal Mist after each wash (2X weekly) to amp up carnuaba

So if I usually use a sealant and top with a carnuaba what should be the recommended schedule? 6 weeks for both products?

if you top your sealant with a carnauba, go by the carnauba schedule.

I personally rewax every 3-4 weeks. Lately though, i've been waxing after every wash. I've been having a wetness fetish lately and my desire for a wetter finish is current unsatiable.

Neothin said:
if you top your sealant with a carnauba, go by the carnauba schedule.

I personally rewax every 3-4 weeks. Lately though, i've been waxing after every wash. I've been having a wetness fetish lately and my desire for a wetter finish is current unsatiable.

That's how i feel also, with souveran paste its so easy WOWO.....:)

When re waxing do you go through the whole process of wash, glaze, wax with a PC or just apply a coat of wax by hand? Can you tell I am new a this detailing stuff! JoeD

I jsut wash, dry, QD (to get up any waterpots), then rewax by hand with a foam applicator.

JoeD said:
When re waxing do you go through the whole process of wash, glaze, wax with a PC or just apply a coat of wax by hand? Can you tell I am new a this detailing stuff! JoeD

Just wax over a clean washed finish, that's what I do.....;)

Yep.
Has anyone here compared QW+ Vs. Crystal Mist?

Mike T said:
Yep.
Has anyone here compared QW+ Vs. Crystal Mist?

Intresting...... but i think from what i read and heard here is the C.M. will be very rewarding to be used with souveran......not sure about Q.W.:)

Also does C.M have any slight cleaning properties? I've been a big fan of QW+, but since I'v started using LS I thought of switching too C.M.
One thing I like about QW+ is it will remove water spots, finger prints, and such. Would C.M do the same or is it better to have a perfect surface before application?

Mike T said:
Also does C.M have any slight cleaning properties? I've been a big fan of QW+, but since I've started using LS I thought of switching too C.M.
One thing I like about QW+ is it will remove water spots, finger prints, and such. Would C.M do the same or is it better to have a perfect surface before application?

I believe its just to enhance the souveran with out doing the actual waxing, or much in cleaning properties i don't think......:o

Mike T said:
Also does C.M have any slight cleaning properties? I've been a big fan of QW+, but since I'v started using LS I thought of switching too C.M.
You guys talking about Poorboys QW+. I have a bottle and finally used it yesterday, lightly sprayed to buff off Natty's Blue. I was kinda curious about it though, finish came out great on my white suv, but it appears that QW+ has cleaners in it. I almost hesitated to use it b/c I though it might take away the wax coating, are the cleaners strong in it?

Surfer said:
You guys talking about Poorboys QW+. I have a bottle and finally used it yesterday, lightly sprayed to buff off Natty's Blue. I was kinda curious about it though, finish came out great on my white suv, but it appears that QW+ has cleaners in it. I almost hesitated to use it b/c I though it might take away the wax coating, are the cleaners strong in it?

I think maybe you'd be better off with something that won't remove any amount of wax......if QW+ has cleaners! then it will remove wax no matter how strong the cleaning properties are........

Poorboys waterless wash --- similar to Optimum No Rinse and DP's Waterless wash, it is meant to lightly clean without a bucket. Can be used or diluted to wipe of bugs, light dust, and other contaminents.

Crystal Mist --- is a carnuaba based spray wax. It works well over all carnuabas (not just Souveran) and looks great on top of sealants. It will last no longer than first rain or washing, so use it often. Simply a wipe and go product that does not need to set nor be buffed.

Poorboys QW+ --- extremely similar to CM is design as a spray wax. Should not be used for cleaning but for protecting. It is not simply a wipe and swipe product, but also needs some buffing. It offers addtl carnuaba protection.

Back