Vintage Black and Decker Automotive Polish w/polisher!

Joe@Superior Shine

Reaction score
I love this stuff!! The latest addition to my polisher collection is this Black and Decker "Home Utility" polisher. I found the polish on eBay a few years ago because I loved that it had a photo of the polisher on it. Recently I found the polisher and bought it!!!

hu5.JPG

hu2.JPG

It is set at 3000 RPM but is actually easy to use. The speed doesn't feel excessive.

hu6.JPG

hu1.JPG

The direction suggest you clean the polishing pad by "touching it lightly against edge of bumper." Also it only removes "dead paint" and not "live paint." WAY COOL!!

hu3.JPG

Here is a link to a write up about my other vintage polishers - A love affair with my old school buffer ....

Wow, that machine looks like it's from the '40's. The polish looks newer to me.

For some reason we all love to take a walk down memory lane and enjoy collecting machines and tools of yesteryear...Nice find!! :props:

One show I enjoy watching is American Pickers....

Thats when black and decker did not outsource everything they made to china

An old buffer for a buffer buff! LOL!

I have a Black n Decker buffer that I bought in 1963 new, and I still use it , and it works great.

Looks like a pretty heavy duty piece of equipment. I'm sure it still works. Pretty awesome. Couldn't help but notice the model number...1 lol

It is set at 3000 RPM but is actually easy to use. The speed doesn't feel excessive.

The direction suggest you clean the polishing pad by "touching it lightly against edge of bumper." Also it only removes "dead paint" and not "live paint." WAY COOL!!

hu3.JPG

Here is a link to a write up about my other vintage polishers - A love affair with my old school buffer ....

Should we ask Mike if this is still an approved clean on the fly process?? lol

I've been known to clean a loaded wool pad (or 2) in my day using the old BD method! LOL!

Back