How to rotary polish

I'm a rotary guy and wouldn't give them up for anything. :props:

I'm a rotary guy and wouldn't give them up for anything. :props:

im so happy you said that because on my way home from Chemical guys after buying my new flex 3403 I was having buyers remorse and wondering if I should have bought the flex 3401 D.A. ......now I thing I made the right decision:buffing:

I was like a kid in a candy store and even bought the flex bag that I dont need lol

2012-11-05_16-07-47_633.jpg

2012-11-05_16-08-36_533.jpg

Last edited:
im so happy you said that because on my way home from Chemical guys after buying my new flex 3403 I was having buyers remorse and wondering if I should have bought the flex 3401 D.A. ......now I thing I made the right decision:buffing:

I was like a kid in a candy store and even bought the flex bag that I dont need lol

If you don't mind me asking; what Makita rotary do you already have?

I also have the Flex 3401 and love it!! :props:

My machines.....

Collection_RD17.jpg

I have the makita 9227c, and the newest porter cable

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

OK.... What was your reason for buying the Flex 3403? Just curious is all....

I added the Flex PE14-2-150 because it's smaller and more maneuverable then the Makita but my Makita actually sees more action with the 6 1/2" pads...

I wanted something that would rapidly correct, was easy to handle(the makita is a beast), and something I could finish with as well. When comparing what my buddy at chemical guys was saying about the 3401 and the 3403...this was the winner.

Even my dog penny likes it lol

Even my dog penny likes it lol

I like it to, but must wear earplugs because of the high pitch whine. Might get rid of my 3403 and get the new Flex PE 14-2 150.

I have a 3403 and really am not fond of it. Nice for precision polishing but I find it not to work all that great on larger panels and/or prolonged periods of time.

I have a 3403 and really am not fond of it. Nice for precision polishing but I find it not to work all that great on larger panels and/or prolonged periods of time.

Please explain

Gets very hot and really doesn't have the power to spin wool or larger pads like the Makita or DeWalts do.

Gets very hot and really doesn't have the power to spin wool or larger pads like the Makita or DeWalts do.

I dont use any bigger than 5.5 or 6 inch pads...so I doubt that will be an issue

I dont use any bigger than 5.5 or 6 inch pads...so I doubt that will be an issue

Do a whole car even with those size pads then see if you feel the same.
It does well with 3 or 4 inch pads.

Do a whole car even with those size pads then see if you feel the same.
It does well with 3 or 4 inch pads.
Smaller foam pads (5.5-6") work fine for me with the 3403. You are right about the overheating using larger pads or wool.

Back