PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Compound to CG Black Light

dpscoupe
11-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Hoping some of you gurus have tried this. From what I understand, Black Light has mild abrasives. So would it be possible to go from a orange ccs pad & ultimate compound to a white ccs pad & black light? I'm using a PC 7424xp & the victim, I mean car, is an 03 Mustang. Thanks in advance for any & all advice!

habeba86
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Depends on how the paint is. I think it could be possible. Ive used UC as a one step with a white pad on a blue trail blazer and it left the paint lsp ready.

Rsurfer
11-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Hoping some of you gurus have tried this. From what I understand, Black Light has mild abrasives. So would it be possible to go from a orange ccs pad & ultimate compound to a white ccs pad & black light? I'm using a PC 7424xp & the victim, I mean car, is an 03 Mustang. Thanks in advance for any & all advice!
Depending on the paint and color. Dark colors, I would say no.

dpscoupe
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Color is sonic blue.

Just for grins, I tried it on a test spot & I'm pretty pleased with it! I did another test spot going from UC to UP to BL, & I couldn't tell an appreciable difference under the garage fluorescents. I'm sure the sun may tell a different story...

dpscoupe
11-13-2012, 11:56 PM
The sun definitely told a different story. The test spot that was just UC to BL was "duller" (if that's even a word) than the test spot using UC/UP/BL.

SON1C
11-14-2012, 07:23 AM
That's expected lol also I'd say bl has very light abrasives, not mild

dpscoupe
11-14-2012, 07:58 AM
That's expected lol also I'd say bl has very light abrasives, not mild

Gotcha. BTW, seeing the pics of your car convinced me I needed to try the CG products in the first place. Very sharp car you have there!