PDA

View Full Version : Favorite pure paint cleaner?

BTLew81
11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Dg501 is great, but I am looking for a pure cleaner without any protection. I have the sonax premium, but am looking for opinions. Car is white, non metallic.

Thanks

RhetoricMixes
11-12-2012, 05:11 PM
The only cleaner i use is P21S GEPL and i works great as a cleaner and waterspot remover together. Leaves no protection behind either and has never affected any sealants that ive used over it.

Judge
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Poorboys Pro Polish and Pro Polish 2 work great. They leave a very smooth surface with deep reflections

Nick McKees37
11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Dg501 is great, but I am looking for a pure cleaner without any protection. I have the sonax premium, but am looking for opinions. Car is white, non metallic.

Thanks

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is the preferred paint cleaner when I'm not looking for anything with protective properties. It cleans deep - very deep - so the finish is squeaky clean when you apply your favorite wax or sealant. It's only an added bonus that it's very easy to apply and remove.

The secret to maximizing the shine potential of white paint is to get it as clean as possible. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion does just that. :dblthumb2:

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (http://www.autogeek.net/pinpainclean.html)

Jaretr1
11-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I used Poor Boys White Diamond Glaze prior to waxing my Camaro SS which is also non metalic white. It claims to have paint cleaning properties along with some fillers. My car had lots of rids, so any little bit of help I could get I figured would not hurt. It smells good enough to want to eat and seemed to enhance the gloss a little.

cleanmycorolla
11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I enjoy using Blackfire GEP. Cleans the paint great and does help with it's glaze in lightly covering some nicks, which is nice. Really works well with BFWD but I've used it under WGDGPS and lots of waxes and works fine with those as well! Wolfgang PPE is good too, so is P21s' offering.

mwoolfso
11-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is the preferred paint cleaner when I'm not looking for anything with protective properties. It cleans deep - very deep - so the finish is squeaky clean when you apply your favorite wax or sealant. It's only an added bonus that it's very easy to apply and remove.

The secret to maximizing the shine potential of white paint is to get it as clean as possible. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion does just that. :dblthumb2:

+1

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

SonOfOC
11-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes sir! +1

FUNX650
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I am looking for a pure cleaner

How about most compounds/polishes and a few "glazes"...
I believe they: clean-the-paint...pure, and simple.

:)

Bob

Dr Oldz
11-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Auto Finesse Rejuvenate is my favorite.
Pinnacle and P21S are also good options.

J.L.Auto
11-12-2012, 09:32 PM

+1.. Just used it again this weekend.. It sure brings out the metallics in my pewter metallic vette.. The paint is super clean.

Dirtyrango212
11-12-2012, 11:30 PM
What about Megs deep crystal paint cleaner where does it place among other paint cleaners personally I love it :dunno:

FUNX650
11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
What about Megs deep crystal paint cleaner where does it place among other paint cleaners personally I love it :dunno:
I like this product as well...But:

-Disregarding the nomenclature used on car-care-products' labels...And:

-Alluding-to/loosely-paraphrasing the Mike Phillips' adage:
"It's what's inside the bottle/does what it says it will do"...Along with:

-Meg's DCPC listed ingredients/chemicals that's 'in its bottle'...That:

-Assists me in declaring:
Meg's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner as being a Polish...

Polishes---Which I firmly believe, and have stated before...
Are, indeed, also: "paint cleaners"

IMHO: 'If it walks like a duck; quacks like a duck...'
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Product Name: A30-Deep Crystal Cleaner
-Use of the Substance/Preparation
Recommended use: Polishing agent/Burnishing compound.

2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
-Hazardous Ingredients
Components.......................CAS#............% Wgt.
Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon.... 64742-47-8.......5-15
Hydrotreated Distillate.........64742-46-7.......5-15
Calcined Kaolin Clay............66402-68-4........5-10
Glycerine............................56-81-5............5-10
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Product Name: A21-Deep Crystal Deep Gloss Polish
-Use of the Substance/Preparation
Recommended use: Polishing agent/Burnishing compound.

2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
-Hazardous Ingredients
Components...............................CAS#..... ........%Wgt.
Natural Diatomaceous Earth......61790-53-2............1-5
Polish..........................................(T S)..............5-15
Glycerine.................................56-81-5.................1-5
Polysiloxane...........................63148-62-9.............1-5
Hydrotreated Distillate............64742-46-7.............1-5
Light Distillate.......................64742-14-9............5-15
Water...................................7732-18-5............55-75

:)

Bob