newer and looking for some advice.

HellaBroke

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I have been trolling around on here for a few months reading as much as I can! I also picked up Mikes digital book a few weeks ago and have read it through several times.
Back in september i picked up a 7424 HD and pinnacles intermediate swirl kit. to include advanced swirl remover, advanced finishing polish, liquid souveran, and crystal mist.

the polishes i have used worked great. i like the souveran but im looking for more... what recommendations do you have that you have had better results with over souveran or add to it... and whats everyones recommendation for coating the top... this is my daily driver.. maroon yukon... and im on the gulf coast.. sand is always in the mix....

im also debating weather or not to pick up a can of the souveran paste... its a little steep on price but i know a can will last a looong time... any recommendations of a better product? or one that you have had better results with? if i do go with the paste what should i seal everything with?? and what are everyones suggestions of applying the paste??? should i go by hand? or can i use a white red lcc pad and just blimp it on a few time to apply it? take it off with a reversible microfiber cover?

im looking at wolf gangs deep gloss paint sealant 3.0 to keep everything locked up good choice bad choice. another choice?

story to my first time giving this paint resurfacing a shot
The polishes worked great... I so wish i took a before picture or even better a 50/50!! seriously dropped the ball on this... i picked my wife up a 2004 yukon and the paint was not in the best of shape... the guy i bought it from deiced he would go at it with a high speed buffer and hadn't a clue what he was doing... so it was covered in ghosted buffer marks when the light was on it... ( went through with the purchase because of seeing the work everyone does on here and how easy it is...) and really it took a lot of reading and its going to take a TON more reading but i think im off to a good start... burnt up a pad forgetting to put the bushing on... first error... filled the second pad with too much product :( but after the 6th hour on the machine i started to get the hang of it... removed all the buffer marks... 80% of the scratches from day to day use.... ran into my second newbie error with the liquid souveran.... TO anyone who hasn't used this stuff.... get a 2 liter bottle.... it doesn't mix well or at all for that matter in the bottle it comes in.... i started with the top half of the drivers door and it took forever to get the oily blotchy look to come off... (i didnt know what it was supposed to look like so i thought the wateryish look was normal...) decided after it came out blotchy to google it... came across a video on youtube of someone useing it and theres was creamy looking so shook it up in a 2 liter bottle and worked great... and as of right now im on the hunt for more...

ill be pursuing the best way to clean interior panels too i have seen some good photos in the 50/50 pictures thread and the results some of you are capable of getting are awesome... i hope to do the same!

Ill also be giving filling rock chips a shot as well.. there are a few good sized chips in the hood and on the fender...

and on the side a buddy has terrible tar splatter that hes been trying to get removed... everything i read on here people have steamers that they say works the best... i dont have a steamer so hopefully we can find another way... maybe a hair dryer or something???

Welcome!

I suggest going through this post and making bullet points or cleaning it up.

I am having a hard time understanding what exactly you are asking?

For a sealant that is easy to use, and has good durability, I would look into Blackfire Wet Diamond. It looks great on Red/Black, comes off very easy, and lasts a good while.

From a basic shine perspective, you may want to do a test spot with using the finishing polish again to see if you really got the maximum shine using a finishing pad if you are new. You can do miracles with these polishes but then you will realize you can actually get a better finish with improved technique. Also, if you apply the wax thinly it will buff off easier and leave a better shine as well.

As for products, WG DPS is fine (Menzerna Power Finish, Blackfire Wet Diamonds also sealant choices) as a base. I would lean toward the Menzerna or Blackfire if you want a darker looker.

Hello to all,
I have been trolling around on here for a few months reading as much as I can! I also picked up Mikes digital book a few weeks ago and have read it through several times.
Back in september i picked up a 7424 HD and pinnacles intermediate swirl kit. to include advanced swirl remover, advanced finishing polish, liquid souveran, and crystal mist.

Nice kit!

the polishes i have used worked great. i like the souveran but im looking for more... what recommendations do you have that you have had better results with over souveran or add to it... and whats everyones recommendation for coating the top... this is my daily driver.. maroon yukon... and im on the gulf coast.. sand is always in the mix....

Are you asking about Souveran polishes or Souveran wax?

I'm a big fan of sealants so for durability I'd take a look at some of those. For the ultimate in protection take a look at Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 or CarPro CQuartz.

im also debating weather or not to pick up a can of the souveran paste... its a little steep on price but i know a can will last a looong time... any recommendations of a better product? or one that you have had better results with? if i do go with the paste what should i seal everything with?? and what are everyones suggestions of applying the paste??? should i go by hand? or can i use a white red lcc pad and just blimp it on a few time to apply it? take it off with a reversible microfiber cover?

I apply 95% of my sealants and waxes with my Porter Cable 7424 using a blue or red pad on speed 3.

im looking at wolf gangs deep gloss paint sealant 3.0 to keep everything locked up good choice bad choice. another choice?

Sealants

Wax

so shook it up in a 2 liter bottle and worked great... and as of right now im on the hunt for more...

Sometimes, after a product sits you need to shake it really well before use to ensure a uniform and consistent mixture before using.

and on the side a buddy has terrible tar splatter that hes been trying to get removed... everything i read on here people have steamers that they say works the best... i dont have a steamer so hopefully we can find another way... maybe a hair dryer or something???

Check here for Tar & Bug Removers

:)

Nice kit!
Are you asking about Souveran polishes or Souveran wax?

I'm a big fan of sealants so for durability I'd take a look at some of those. For the ultimate in protection take a look at Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 or CarPro CQuartz.

I apply 95% of my sealants and waxes with my Porter Cable 7424 using a blue or red pad on speed 3.

i am definitely still working on the product classification but i am pretty sure the souveran i am asking about is a wax... here is the link to the product.
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Carnauba Wax is Brilliant on Red- Awesome on Black! Souvern is hand poured, one container at a time, and boxed with an

For a sealant i have had my eye on the power lock from menzerna! but i was unsure of how this would work with pinnacle products.

and if someone could explain where the edit button is i could use it for my first post. thanks

Back