Oops

captchaos

Reaction score
I know better than to put pressure on a body seam but I was so focused on the scratch that this happened. Surprised I was able to do this with a flex DA. I can feel no difference in thickness with my finger, maybe I can fix it?

ry%3D480

Ouch indeed. Hope you have insurance :doh: . Otherwise id get some touch up paint and do a repair.

Burned.... But on the flip side it's a dark color so you should be able to hide touch up paint well if you put it on with some patients. Sorry that happen to you..

Ouch I was focused on the body line in the center of the pic then went back and noticed the lower right. I'd like to see another picture showing the entire panel.

I'd say an airbrush can touch it up pretty easily but if the lower right is another burn through maybe it's a job for a small detail sprayer to avoid a completed respray. The whole panel will need to be cleared to finish.

I had to look at the picture again to see why you guys are freaking out so bad! I showed the same picture to a paint guy & he thought it could probably be buffed out...I'm just not sure how.

The lower right isn't a defect, its the reflection of a parking spot's white line. The only damage is on the body crease.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I had to look at the picture again to see why you guys are freaking out so bad! I showed the same picture to a paint guy & he thought it could probably be buffed out...I'm just not sure how.

The lower right isn't a defect, its the reflection of a parking spot's white line. The only damage is on the body crease.

Buffed out?? He obviously thinks it's a scratch...looks to me like you buffed down to primer...

we are talking about the white line on the crown (sheet metal bend) right?? That was not there when you started buffing correct??

maybe another few pictures from other angles would help us see what it looks like

DO NOT BUFF ON A BURN THRU! Glad the lower right was just a reflection. I believe anyone who has used a buffer has burned paint. Underscores practicing on a junk yard panel.

You can feather some base and clear on that raised edge for the repair. Any good body shop will do it for you. Don't let them respray the entire panel it's not needed.

I'd still like to see a wider angle shot with more of the car in it.

I can see the scratch in the knee on the left side of the pic.
The raised edge is in the center of the shot.
The white parking line runs thru out the lower portion of the pic...

With that said, is your 'oops' or "body seam" in the yellow?

Back