PDA

View Full Version : AHHhhhhhhhh...Mexican Coca-Cola...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hoytman
11-27-2012, 05:43 PM
...the way it used to be. Absolutely delicious!

Corn Syrup...bah hum bug.

What say you?

2old2change
11-27-2012, 05:50 PM
...the way it used to be. Absolutely delicious!

Corn Syrup...bah hum bug.

What say you?

Our local Sam's Club has this and it's great with Gentleman Jack. :xyxthumbs: They sometimes have the orange drink also.

Vegas Transplant
11-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi Bill.

Use to be an excellent mixer back in those darker days.
Haven't had one in a few years now.

talktoandy
11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Absolutely agree with you. Been seeking out Mexican coke for years. :xyxthumbs:

statusdetailing
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
It's so much better. I discovered the difference while living in Brazil for a few months. No weird syrupy after taste. I'm thirsty! Im the MAN

Setec Astronomy
11-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I heard about this on Mexican radio...oh oh...oh oh (you have to be certain age to get that...Wall of Voodoo).

Hoytman
11-27-2012, 09:37 PM
It's so much better. I discovered the difference while living in Brazil for a few months. No weird syrupy after taste. I'm thirsty! Im the MAN
I also noticed it doesn't quite pack the sting that "normal" Coka-Cola today has. I like both over ice, but I only prefer one straight out the ice-cold bottle and that is the Mexican Coca-Cola.

I seen some Mt. Dew just the other day with sugar, not corn syrup, and in a glass bottle. If I could only recall where I seen it I'd be set. Haven't had a Dew like that since I was a kid.

Yeah, I heard about this on Mexican radio...oh oh...oh oh (you have to be certain age to get that...Wall of Voodoo).
You gotta try it Setec...if won't dissappoint, I promise.

y8s
11-28-2012, 08:56 AM

A certain age?

Uh oh.

For what it's worth, some cola companies in the states created a line made with regular sugar instead of HFCS.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Pepsi_Throwback_2010.png

Might be worth finding to avoid paying the extra price to travel to mexico?

Chris's FX4
11-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Don't forget the Mountain Dew.:xyxthumbs:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Mountain_Dew_Throwback_2010.png/220px-Mountain_Dew_Throwback_2010.png

Setec Astronomy
11-28-2012, 09:10 AM
A certain age?

Considering the age distribution on this forum, I don't think too many members know who Wall of Voodoo was, unless they looked it up on YouTube/Wikipedia.

Hoytman
11-28-2012, 09:21 AM
A certain age?

Uh oh.

For what it's worth, some cola companies in the states created a line made with regular sugar instead of HFCS.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Pepsi_Throwback_2010.png

Might be worth finding to avoid paying the extra price to travel to mexico?

Don't forget the Mountain Dew.:xyxthumbs:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Mountain_Dew_Throwback_2010.png/220px-Mountain_Dew_Throwback_2010.png

I've had both of these, but can't find them in a glass bottle...and it makes all the difference in the world.

Meghan
11-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Ok I am lost what is Mexican Coca Cola?

Audi X2
11-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Ok I am lost what is Mexican Coca Cola?

Mexican Coca Cola is the formula used before the US bottling companies switched to the current formula using high fructose corn syrup. It uses pure cane sugar like the original recipe and comes in a glass bottle. The formula changed in this country after New Coke was retired and Coke Classic was released.
I have even seen the Mexican Coke bottles at Publix recently.

Meghan
11-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Mexican Coca Cola is the formula used before the US bottling companies switched to the current formula using high fructose corn syrup. It uses pure cane sugar like the original recipe and comes in a glass bottle. The formula changed in this country after New Coke was retired and Coke Classic was released.
I have even seen the Mexican Coke bottles at Publix recently.

Oh thanks for that info, I do like the throwbacks Pepsi has been doing lately.

kronos
11-28-2012, 10:17 AM
I get it all the time, black Mexican Coke that is. It tastes much better with sugar and being stored in glass over aluminum (this last part I'm not so sure about).