swirl removing and polish questions

jhnybgood47

Reaction score
Ok I am going to use my porter cable I bought recently. I bought the wolfgang swirl remover, finishing glaze, and sealant plus the correct 5.5 inch pads. I do have some questions/concerns. :buffing:

First, there are parts of my car like between the door and roof and also the front of the car that are smaller and thinner (3-4 inches wide) to work with. Can I use the swirl remover and glaze by hand for those areas? If so what is the best way to do that? If not what can I do?

Also the XP came with a compression washer. Do I have to replace these? If so how often?

And finally I am planning to start it after a class at around 12pm. If I can only remove the swirls that day can I use the glaze later on in the week?

I am claying the car tomorrow and hoping to do everything else Monday. Hopefully I have watched enough videos of Mike using the XP to get the job done correctly.

Ok I am going to use my porter cable I bought recently. I bought the wolfgang swirl remover, finishing glaze, and sealant plus the correct 5.5 inch pads. I do have some questions/concerns. :buffing:

First, there are parts of my car like between the door and roof and also the front of the car that are smaller and thinner (3-4 inches wide) to work with. Can I use the swirl remover and glaze by hand for those areas? If so what is the best way to do that? If not what can I do?

Also the XP came with a compression washer. Do I have to replace these? If so how often?

And finally I am planning to start it after a class at around 12pm. If I can only remove the swirls that day can I use the glaze later on in the week?

I am claying the car tomorrow and hoping to do everything else Monday. Hopefully I have watched enough videos of Mike using the XP to get the job done correctly.

Get a 3.5" BP with some 4" pads.

The washer will last a long time.

You can do the polishing anytime, just be sure it's clean.:xyxthumbs:

Thanks for the response. I'll hold off on the smaller parts of the car until the other pads get here.

Ok one more question. My friend helped with some chips in my paint and clear coated the hood and side of the car the other day. Some overspray got on the paint and windows. I've clayed and nothing came off. Is there a way to remove clearcoat overspray?

Ok one more question. My friend helped with some chips in my paint and clear coated the hood and side of the car the other day. Some overspray got on the paint and windows. I've clayed and nothing came off. Is there a way to remove clearcoat overspray?
On the paint you will need to polish it off. If it's bad, you will need to wetsand and then polish. For the glass, use a razor blade carefully..you don't want to scratch your glass.

I used pure rubbing alcohol. Rubbed hard and it came right off.

Back