How to repair deep scratches

TechnoFunc

Reaction score
I am looking for guaranteed solution to repair deep scratches got prime coat. really i found many way for the same like automotivetouchuppaint, paintscratches.com, and others.
i have not previous experience so i need advice

Hi and welcome to the forum since this is your first post...

I've been answering the deep scratch and the rock chip questions for years and the first thing I point out is most people have unreal expectations.

What they hope for and expect is that after they are done with the repair work that the panel will look like there was never a defect in the paint.

That's a nice and worthy goal but a lot of times, for most people, getting close or getting the paint better is good enough and the best they can do.

Not saying this describes you TechnoFunc, just pointing out what I've seen over the last 10+ plus years answering these types of questions on detailing discussion forums.

The above said, check out these two very in-depth articles... and good luck...

Key Repair-Step by Step Procedure

How to fix a deliberate deep key scratch

:)

I used DR Color-chip recently. For the $, did a nice job. Can you see the chip...yes...when you look for it. However, from 5 feet away...most folks will not see it and that is good enough for me. My car is dark so not sure about other colors.

At the beginning I would like to thank you for your quickly replay. I already uploaded scratches photos to my profile you can take a look about.

At the beginning I would like to thank you for your quickly replay. I already uploaded scratches photos to my profile you can take a look about.

For as long as I've been using specifically vBulletin and PhotoPost, I have no idea how to upload a picture to my own "profile" let alone how anyone uploads a photo to their "profile".

I upload pictures to the "photo gallery".

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet

:dunno:

Big picture is, read the threads I provided, seem my comments in Richy's thread. Then do your best...

I am looking for guaranteed solution to repair deep scratches got prime coat. really i found many way for the same like automotivetouchuppaint, paintscratches.com, and others.
i have not previous experience so i need advice
Hi...and...:welcome:...to AGO...TechnoFunc!

IMHO...
A guaranteed solution, for any proposition, boils down to its falling
within a region of feasibilty (and its optimization therein), or not.

For this particular case (guarateed deep scratch repair)...
-The feasible region (deep scratch) seems linear---lying within a plane, so it should be easy
to find an appropiate (guaranteed) answer by utilizing the following formula:
p = x + 2y...{Where: x> = 0, y> = 0}

To Wit:
-The theory of linear optimization says that the maximum (and the minimum) value of the
objective function p will be found on the boundary of the feasible region.

More specifically, it will occur at one of the vertices of the polygon formed by the feasible region...
(and possibly on one of the sides, if the max occurs at two adjacent vertices).

To find the maximum value of p...
1.) Draw the feasible region, to help keep track of what you are doing.
2.) Determine the points of intersection of the constraints (basically, the vertices of the polygon formed),
by solving the corresponding equations.
3.)You will then have a set of points (x,y) representing the boundary of the feasible region.
4.) Plug each of these points into the objective function p, and see which one gives the maximum value.

NOTE: If two vertices give the same value, then every point on the side between them will also give that value.

Hope this helps some!!

Bob

For as long as I've been using specifically vBulletin and PhotoPost, I have no idea how to upload a picture to my own "profile" let alone how anyone uploads a photo to their "profile".

I upload pictures to the "photo gallery".

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet

Big picture is, read the threads I provided, seem my comments in Richy's thread. Then do your best...

thank you man for your welcome and useful message

thank you man for your welcome and useful message

I looked for your pictures to "see" them and try to help but was not able to locate them. :dunno:

If you have uploaded them "somewhere" and you know where they are at then copy and paste the link to them here or insert them like this...

Here's a picture from our gallery "inserted" using the tags.
[IMG]http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/scratch_in_paint.jpg

thank you so much Mike,

please find uploaded photos as below if one of them needs touch up paint please advice me which brand and from where can get it

02_2-Top_Right_Back_Door.JPG

02_2-Top_Right_Back_Door.JPG

02_3-Down_Right_Back_Door.JPG

01-Front_Bumper.JPG

Last edited:
Wow!

Those are really bad!

Those look like some kind of major impact damage and scraping in the last picture...

Looks like it might be time to go to the body shop and get an estimate. If you want to try to fix it yourself I would default back to reading through these two threads and then following the techniques shared...

Key Repair-Step by Step Procedure

How to fix a deliberate deep key scratch

Keep in mind... sometimes more and more work don't always equal better and better results...

Check out these resources also...

Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair, dr. color chip, repair paint chips, touch-up paint, Doctor Color-Chip Paint Chip Repair

LANGKA Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit: Repair scratches on your car without a professional paint job! touch-up paint, scratch repair kit, chip repair,

LANGKA Paint Chip Repair Process 5 Minute Training CD: learn to repair scratches the right way with Langka!

How To Repair Paint Chips, Dr ColorChip Kit, Langka paint chip repair kit, fill paint chips

How To Remove Scratches, remove scratches from car paint, removing car scratches

That's going to be a lot of work if you use touch up paint. Where are the scratches located? Lower panels?

If the first and second photo repaired will be satisfied. And for third one I think may repaired using EZYtouchup.com

The first and second photo on top of back right door and third one on the bottom of same door

Back