Speedy Prep/Nano Skin

Mike Burke

Reaction score
Hello. I am wanting to get in on the Nano Skin game and not sure where to start. I have never use any of the Speedy Prep towels or Nano Skin pads.
I'm not a expert...I just do my own cars and a few customers cars once in a while. I do production work beings all my customers want are shinny cars and most of them have never been polished the right way....I have a PC and a Flex 3401 in the near future.

Towels. pads....med or fine ?

Any suggestions on what to get first to get started ....I don't have a huge budget

Thanks

I just finished a Chevy EQUINOX this past weekend (correct,protect Opti-Guard):
7650B620-3A31-495F-BDE2-314B37AC0B24-1937-0000038729892ED2.jpg

And prior to the correction process,I used my 3" Nano Skin pads with my Cyclo but also tried for the first time my new Nano Skin Mitt and I have to tell you,I thought the pads were fast with the Cyclo but boy did the Mitt work even faster:
0F6FCDFA-147A-4032-A707-8DAFBE8767F7-162-0000000CF131FEC1.jpg

Before using any of the Nano Skin decontamination/clay alternative products,be sure to break them in on the glass because even the "Fine" grade versions (which are the one's I have) you will get some marring on the paint.Unless you are going to correct,then the breaking in is not an issue. :xyxthumbs:

Here's my experience with the Nanoskin AutoScrub Medium Grade Wash Mitt:

After using Iron X, I grabbed a Nanoskin AutoScrub Medium Grade Wash Mitt and Detailers Pro Series Universal Clay Lubricant. This is one of the new products I've been itching to try. I went straight for the Medium grade because of the condition of the paint and I would be polishing afterwards.

IMG_0817.JPG

After using the Nanoskin AutoScrub Wash Mitt, I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to a Clay Bar again. While moving the wash mitt back and forth, I could feel the "gritty" feeling disappear into a smooth finish.

After drying the vehicle with a Guzzler Microfiber towel, I could see the paint had already significantly improved.

IMG_0819.JPG

When your hand is in the wash mitt, you can feel the grit with your first few passes. Similar to the 'Baggie Test'. After a few swipes the paint turns smooth. I like having this level of control. Although the time you can save with the pads is a huge benefit. In a perfect world you would have the pads AND the mitt. So I say...

6129.jpeg

Here's my experience with the Nanoskin AutoScrub Medium Grade Wash Mitt:

When your hand is in the wash mitt, you can feel the grit with your first few passes. Similar to the 'Baggie Test'. After a few swipes the paint turns smooth. I like having this level of control. Although the time you can save with the pads is a huge benefit. In a perfect world you would have the pads AND the mitt. So I say...

6129.jpeg

Well said Ray,well said!

I'm interested by the nanoskin wash mitt as well, but a little confused. I'm not a pro, just a hobbyist who looks after a handful of cars, so I'm not really interested in the nanoskin pads, but the mitt looks like it'd save time for me. Does the mitt replace the claying step all together? Do you use the mitt then do a quick once over with clay afterwards? What do you guys do?
Also, this is probably not the right post to ask this, but kind of follows in line with these steps. When you "decontaminate" the paint, wheels, everything, using some sort of iron removing product, whether it be iron x or snow soap, or even wolfs deironizer, is that step ONLY before you plan on doing polishing? Is it used before applying an lsp? How often do you decontaminate the paint? Would this nanoskin mitt be used before or after the decon stage? Thanks for your help in advance

I'm interested by the nanoskin wash mitt as well, but a little confused. I'm not a pro, just a hobbyist who looks after a handful of cars, so I'm not really interested in the nanoskin pads, but the mitt looks like it'd save time for me. Does the mitt replace the claying step all together? Do you use the mitt then do a quick once over with clay afterwards? What do you guys do?
Also, this is probably not the right post to ask this, but kind of follows in line with these steps. When you "decontaminate" the paint, wheels, everything, using some sort of iron removing product, whether it be iron x or snow soap, or even wolfs deironizer, is that step ONLY before you plan on doing polishing? Is it used before applying an lsp? How often do you decontaminate the paint? Would this nanoskin mitt be used before or after the decon stage? Thanks for your help in advance
Before using the Nano Mitt,you would use the de-ironizer.This will help dissolve any iron type particles in the clear-coat/paint.Then you would go over the vehicle with your clay/Nano Mitt.
Yes,the Nano Mitt/Pads/Towel are a clay alternative :xyxthumbs:

Before using the Nano Mitt,you would use the de-ironizer.This will help dissolve any iron type particles in the clear-coat/paint.Then you would go over the vehicle with your clay/Nano Mitt.
Yes,the Nano Mitt/Pads/Towel are a clay alternative :xyxthumbs:

Ty

Can you use any soap with the nano skin wash mitt like DG901, CGCWG or Majestic solutions ultra gloss?

Thanks for the suggestions....

I think I'm going to try the wash mitt first. What about the Speedy Prep Towel ?

I'v read a little about them, looks like the mitt and towel might do the same thing it the end. I wonder which one would work better ?

Thinking about grabbing the fine grade autoscrub mitt and fine grade speedy prep towel.

I like the idea of giving my polisher a break.

I have both the fine and medium grade towels. I don't regret their purchase and will pull the trigger again when these wear out. I have tried a few various lubes but always end up going back with the Nanoskin Glide.

I have and use the speedy prep (fine) towel and it seems to work good. Its been used on over 25 cars in the past 3 months so im not sure how much longer it will be effective. My next purchase will be the mitt.

I have a bunch of clay bars to use before ordering the mitt. Not easy to follow the speedy
progress.

I have both the nanoskin pads and the wash mitt. I absolutely love them, so much easier/quicker than clay. I use the wash mitt for all the tight areas that the polisher can't fit, and use the pads on the rest of the car.

I have fine and medium grades of the pads. I feel like the fine grade will almost always be enough to decontaminate the paint, unless it's something that hasn't been clayed in 10+ years, then you may need the medium.

I use the Speedy Prep Fine and Medium. 4 sides, easy folding to continue, clean up is a breeze. my 2c

Can any shampoo be used with the mitt, or do you have to use the nanoscrub shampoo?

I see some are using ONR and the nanoskin "Glide" as a lube...

I'm not so sure you have to use "Shampoo" as a lube.

Back