Need good product to waterproof vinyl and leather.

krisgel100

Reaction score
Now that the snow is here, I noticed that large amount of snow ends up on the interior vinyl and leather on the door and driver's seat. What would be a good product to waterproof the vinyl and leather, without changing the look too much?

Not sure about a waterproof product, more like water resistant. I would go with Ultima interior guard plus.

Not sure about a waterproof product, more like water resistant. I would go with Ultima interior guard plus.

Will this have more water resistance than 303 protectant? I already have 303, but the label does not mention anything about water resistance. The product seems to be focused on UV protection.

303 Protectant is just that, a dressing like UV protectant for plastic, vinyl, and leather.

303 Fabric Guard is a water proofing spray for fabric (not leather).

I think what you want is a dedicated leather sealant. I've been using G Technique L1, but just got a new bottle of the CarPro stuff to try. Either one of those should be great for what your looking for.

GTechniq L1 for leather and I1 for fabric..been on my outdoor furniture for over a year and still beading water.

Will this have more water resistance than 303 protectant? I already have 303, but the label does not mention anything about water resistance. The product seems to be focused on UV protection.

The world's first and only all-surface interior vehicle protection!

Ultima Interior Guard Plus uses superior science and technology to coat, seal and protect every finish in your fine automobile. This clear sealant dries completely and will not leave a greasy, slippery film that attracts dust. Instead, fabrics, leather and vinyl will all take on the tactile feel of fine cashmere. A damp cloth is all that is required to clean and maintain your interior as sealant protection lasts for months.
Key Benefits
Boosted by Polycharger™ for superior protection
Seals and protects leather, vinyl, plastic and wood trim
Resists staining, water damage & the effects of oils and salt from the skin
Eco friendly & provides UV protection to prevent drying and cracking of interior surfaces
Instructions
Surfaces to be treated must be clean and dry before treatment.
On all leather, vinyl, plastic and wood trim surfaces, mist 1 or 2 shots of Ultima Interior Guard Plus onto the soft "applicator" side of the Ultima Interior Sponge and wipe on the finish.
Work in well and apply evenly.
Allow to dry for 3-5 minutes. Then buff with a clean, dry microfiber towel.
On cloth, mist the surface and work in thoroughly with the Ultima Interior Sponge.
Allow to dry one hour before use.
Note: Surfaces to be treated must be clean and dry before treatment. Allow to dry one hour before use.

Recommended Surfaces
Leather interior surfaces
Vinyl interior surfaces
Plastic interior surfaces
Wood trim interior surfaces
Cloth interior surfaces

Back