Rinsing car w/ pressure washer then drying

itisthumper

Reaction score
If I use ONR as a pre-soak, rinse my case with a pressure washer, can I dry it with minimal marring? Just in case I am pressed for time and only have 10 minutes or so to do everything.

Do you mean you aren't going to agitate the dirt with a MF or wash mitt before rinsing? My opinion would be IF you wanted to try that don't dry the car with anything other than compressed air or a blower. Otherwise any leftover dirt/dust will just be dragging all over the paint.

My advice would be just to skip the quick spray down and do a normal rinseless wash or 2BM wash when you have the time.

Im worried the 2BM would cause scratches/marring without an initial rinse as I will be dragging the dirt as well though in greater quantities. I really want to do the 2BM but Im too scared.

What if my car hasnt been washed for 1+ months and I want to use the 2BM without an initial rinse (the closest pressure washer is a 20 minute drive)? I already have opti-coat on my car if that matters

Waterless wash like Ultima, BF or Pinnacle.

Make sure to use clean part of MF.

Car wash shampoos including ONR need agitation to effective remove road film. I would never advise manual drying after only a pressure rinse, but you could use a non manual method such as a leaf blower...just remember that there will be a film remaining that will need a regular wash from time to time.

if u dont have time use waterless wash
but still 10minutes not enought to make a complete effective waterless wash

when i do waterless to my vette i need at least 20minutes not to mention the wheels

This is slightly off-topic but can I do this:

Hose off my car and let the water dry with hard water spots to get off the heavy grime. Use the 2BM later in the day or the next day. Will it be harmful for the minerals from the dry water to stay on my paint?

This is slightly off-topic but can I do this:

Hose off my car and let the water dry with hard water spots to get off the heavy grime. Use the 2BM later in the day or the next day. Will it be harmful for the minerals from the dry water to stay on my paint?

In my opinion: yes. Water spots to me are as bad as bird poop in my area since I have well water that etches clear coats so fast. It would depend on the type of water you have and some coin op pressure washing stations has an option for a distilled water rinse I think so you should opt for that.

Do you have access to a water hose? A pressure washer is nice to have but not required to safely wash your car. A regular hose with a strong stream can get the job done as well.

IMO it will always be a better idea to wait until you have time to do a full wash with time dedicated to fully drying the vehicle.

I have been in a hurry before and wanted to wash the truck before going out to meet with a client. I figured the drive on the freeway would surely dry everything quickly enough. Wrong. I immediately regretted it. Water spots all over everything. The windows were the worst. Since then I never do a quick wash unless I have enough time to dry the finish completely.

Using ONR as a "presoak" is not going to do anything. You might as well be using regular water as a presoak....

Car wash shampoos including ONR need agitation to effective remove road film. I would never advise manual drying after only a pressure rinse, but you could use a non manual method such as a leaf blower...just remember that there will be a film remaining that will need a regular wash from time to time.

+1

I do not have a water hose available. The closest ones are all about a 20 minute drive away. If I want to rinse my car before washing it, I would have to drive 20 minutes home and will result in water spots (unless I use distilled water at a coin op which is 20-25 minutes away). I live far away from everything unfortunately.

I'm trying to figure out how I should wash my car with no water hose. I am afraid of using the 2BM without an initial rinse.

It'll be a bit more work, but just fill your buckets with water, then use a dipper to rise the car. Or you can throw the water from the buckets directly on the car.

Honestly, I think what I would do in your situation is get one of those 1 or 2 gallon chemical sprayers and just fill it with water from the sink. They give pretty good pressure when pumped up enough. It would be a little annoying to not have a hose but I bet it would work fine for rinsing the car well enough to dry after a traditional 2BM wash. Would use a lot less water than a hose too. Hmm... now I'm thinking about testing this out myself!

I am not sure if this will work for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDPgGRlxIoA]Auto Finesse Citrus Power - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRYmvPsr7s]Polished Bliss: Auto Finesse Citrus Power Demo Video - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MiyHr57pc]Auto Finesse - Zest Concentrate Pre Wash Cleaner - YouTube[/video]

Back