Window stain from broken building pipe

kenz

Reaction score
Hi,

I need help with a really these really hard to remove window stains. I have parked my car in our building parking spot right below a pipe that is exposed on the ceiling. And fluid started to drip from the pipe to my car windows now there is a stain. I've tried using my usually car glass cleaner on it but no effect, then I tried looking up on the internet and tried using vinegar, coke and lemon but to no effect. The stain is sort of rough and rubbery and I can't seem to get it off. I'd like to see if anyone can help me out with this. Any strong but safe product that I can use on this stain? BTW the stain also dripped to the some paint area so I might need help with it too but I think it will be easier since there are alot of rubbing/abrasive cleaners for paint.

Do you know if the pipes are from a fire protection system, domestic water supply or drain?
Might try a citrus based all purpose cleaner as a start using a MF towel. Place it on there to dwell then wipe it, keep it away from the painted surface.
Others might have suggestions of what to do.

On the auto-glass...
Try rubbing it out with some Meguiar's #4 on a terry towel.

:)

Bob

On the glass, try Goof Off. I have used it on paint but try very hard not to. If you do, be sure to have a bucket of soap and water to remove the residue quickly. Don't rub hard or for very long because this stuff will soften your clear coat.

Anything you use on the paint you can probably used on the glass as well. I have read people have used compounds such as M105 on glass with no issues successfully. I recently went over my fathers car with XMT 360 and did the windows while I was at it and it did remove whatever water stains or spots that were on the glass. If there was any acid in that there is a chance it might etch into the paint before it would the windows, I think.

For glass, one should try to use a cerium oxide based abrasive.

For glass, one should try to use a cerium oxide based abrasive.

+1. Pick up some CarPro CeriGlass. Depending on if those stains have caused etching into the glass you may be able to remove everything by hand. CeriGlass is also very easy to work with using a machine and a foam pad. It will remove etching from water spots and even light scratches when coupled with glass polishing pads.

I use a white pad with a mild polish.

On something severe orange pad.

Both on a PC, speed 6

Id try a waterspot remover first.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Id try a waterspot remover first.

:iagree: If you have one at hand, use this first. But, by the looks of it, that won't be enough...

If that is the case, I agree with Mr Megane: some cerium oxide based abrasive and a proper pad is the way to go.

Mr Megane, I find your posts always helpful. Happy new year and hope to see you posting on the forums more often this year!

Very kind of you to say. I hope you have a great New Year as well.

All the best

If you use cerium make sure you do some thorough research on it first. Also make sure you mask off and cover all surrounding areas. The slurry it creates can get messy and is tough to remove from trim if allowed to dry.

Back