PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Last Touch (D155) Streaking...

Radarryan
12-31-2012, 06:23 PM
I recently bought a gallon of Meguiar's Last Touch (D155) to use as a quick detailer and clay lube as needed. Well, I used it for the first time today on my black 911 and it streaked like no other! I am using high quality microfibers so that shouldn't be the issue. I am using it undiluted, as the instructions indicate for quick detailing.

Is that just the nature of the product or is there something that I should be doing differently? I have alternatives, including OTC QDs and UWCW+, diluted properly. Thanks for input!

CM8 6MT
12-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Whats the tempature like were you are using it? Ive never had an issue with it streaking. Temp might play a big factor on why its doing this.

Radarryan
12-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Whats the tempature like were you are using it? Ive never had an issue with it streaking. Temp might play a big factor on why its doing this.

It's been cold here in Texas recently.... It was probably in the mid to upper 40s outside and 15-20 degrees warmer in my garage.

CM8 6MT
12-31-2012, 07:51 PM
It's been cold here in Texas recently.... It was probably in the mid to upper 40s outside and 15-20 degrees warmer in my garage.

I would say theres your problem right there. Even compounds and polishes tend to act funny in certain temperature ranges wether its too hot or too cold. Thats why many companies recommend applying products on "cool" surfaces. Cold weather will definitely play a role in how a product performs.

Radarryan
12-31-2012, 08:07 PM

Thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait until it warms up to get rid of the streaks...

Meticulous-Detail
12-31-2012, 08:14 PM
I always dilute it 50 50. I never use it straight, less streaking and a gallon last longer.

BrutalNoodle
12-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Wait a sec...

Is this (Last Touch) the correct answer to your "Are you smarter than a detailer?"

Conspiracy!

CM8 6MT
12-31-2012, 09:43 PM
wait a sec...

Is this (last touch) the correct answer to your "are you smarter than a detailer?"

Conspiracy!

haha!!!!

BrutalNoodle
12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
haha!!!!

:laughing:

Cheers!