is #7 that critical on single stage paints?

SON1C

Reaction score
?

also reading mikes article, would I be fine spreading a single bottle out further or would it be wiser to just get 2?

I have worked on several single stage paints and have tried several different products. I would have to say yes #7 is that important. I go for #7 first every time now and mikes method is one of the best I have used. I have had great results with other methods and other products but that is paint condition dependent. I try to do what takes the least amount of paint off no matter the condition. I also use a product called its a perfect 10 which is a synthetic cleaner wax. I dont know who buy off hand but will check into it. If the paint is dry and has alot of dead paint on top go for #7 and it will nurish the paint and take the least off. I have found that it is best to just try and stick to what is proven to work although the methods cant always be duplicated from one detailer to another just use #7 the best you can.

Here is an example of a car I did not long ago this was 1.5 bottles #7 a lite polishing and a coat of jetseal.
IMG_20121112_163425-1.jpg

IMG_20121112_163459-1.jpg

IMG_20121112_163516-1.jpg

IMG_20121112_163527-1.jpg

That is the original paint and sorry I didnt get before shots but trust me it was a complete 180.

thats quite a turn around, yeah this paint is in pretty rough shape, garage kept but never really cared after, a very dull brown, actually the paint is very similar in color to the one you posted (or so I'm hoping it to be after restoration) looking forward to some unique experience with single stage

what was your polishing approach?
I'm thinking m205 after #7 on a tangerine pad

I hand applied three wet coats #7 the first day and the following day polished with cg fp polish and topped ith jetseal. about 15 hours total. I hand polished all chrome and trim the third day.

I use #7 on my CC paint and on newer cars. Its the icing on the cake before toping off with a high quality carnuba wax. It definitely gives you a bump up in gloss & depth to your nubas. Durability doesnt last long for CC paints, its not designed to do so. Hence "show car glaze".

I'm thinking m205 after #7 on a tangerine pad

I would recommend a finesing pad like a blue, black or red pad for #7. Use very little and I mean very little product. Its super oily and it spreads out pretty far. I think new users tend to apply this like applying a liquid wax and wonder why its such a pain to remove. Never had a problem buffing out easy when applying it.

Back