PDA

View Full Version : What's better than Rain-X?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

rlloyd
01-07-2013, 09:12 AM
I know Rain-X isn't that great so what's better? Wiper friendly, snow/ice friendly and wallet friendly?

Thanks from the noob...
Rob

Ramairetransam
01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
i love rain x, it works great , aquapel is another , seemed the same as rainx to me and not worth the extra money .

Klasse Act
01-07-2013, 09:30 AM
I use whatever sealant or nuba on all my glass, I mean its right there so why not, easy!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

TheCougarGuy
01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I use Griot's glass sealant. I've had great luck with it. I can't compare it to RainX though because I haven't used that product in 20 years or more.

Griot's Garage Glass Sealant, glass protectant, windshield sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-glass-sealant.html)

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2013, 09:41 AM
I use whatever sealant or nuba on all my glass, I mean its right there so why not, easy!

Yeah, I used to do that, but I found 'nubas to not play so well with wipers, so I will use 'nuba on the other windows, or if I'm using a sealant, on all the glass. Sometimes I will use some old Rain-X that I have on the windshield or more, but I expect some time in the not-to-distant future I'll be trying the new Optimum Opti-Glass, and/or the new Protect product that goes with that.

KenR
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
An application of Aquapel should last the entire winter. Put it on my cars a month and a half ago and so far, so good.

rustytruck
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Aquapel works well.

Josh_RN
01-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I used to do that, but I found 'nubas to not play so well with wipers, so I will use 'nuba on the other windows, or if I'm using a sealant, on all the glass. Sometimes I will use some old Rain-X that I have on the windshield or more, but I expect some time in the not-to-distant future I'll be trying the new Optimum Opti-Glass, and/or the new Protect product that goes with that.
+1, and CG V7 it seemed to go a decent job but didn't last as long as jetseal(I only mention V7 specifically, because I mentioned on another post not liking in on glass, but I had confused it w/ my waterless wash w/ nuba and couldn't find the post to correct my initial mistake!)

wukin
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
I use gtechniq g5 and duragloss. I found gtechniq is better. It works even at low speed. If you only travel locally like me, I would suggest gtechniq.

wytstang
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Aquapel ftw!

CrayBrown
01-07-2013, 01:08 PM
My rain-X application is holding up really well here in Michigan. Granted our winter has been fairly mild. I'm happy with the results thus far.

BobbyG
01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
At one time or another I think everyone's tried Rain-X and for the most part it does work but I've never had it last more than a few weeks here in New England.

One product I tried and continue to use to this day is Aquapel (http://www.autogeek.net/rain-repellent.html).

Aquapel is easy to use and provides me with 5 to 6 months solid protection through a long hard winter in New England. I've tried others and always end up going back to Aquapel.

Triple Shine
01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Love Rain-X. Always used it on my personal whips. I'm not sure exactly how long it'll last tho in winter.

Found a three or four year old bottle of it and gave er a shake. Used it and it worked the way it always does!

I'd be open to trying Aquapel too tho.

Chris's FX4
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Rain-X gets me through the Michigan winters easily.

Neothin
01-07-2013, 04:18 PM
I usually use whatever cleaner product that i'm using on the paint. lately it's been XMT carnauba finishing glaze.

I also use stoner products as well. Worked great so far!