PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Drying towel?

Pages : [1] 2

Caleb@ImpeccableImage
01-09-2013, 11:13 AM
What are everyones prefered drying towel? Right now im using one of Chemical Guys Miracle dryer towels 25x36. It works well but I feel that I could have something better, and Im in need of a new one relateiverly soon. With that being said what do you all recomend? I prefer microfiber. Thanks!

Dr_Pain
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
To tell you the truth Papasmurf, I have the AG Cobra waffle weave and was almost mad that I had order just one till I found a tip on this forum which made my life so much easier....and a lot more fun.

After a complete rinse I use my leaf blower and blow the car as my son use the Waffle towel following up behind me. In no time we are done. I was a big shamy guy..... NO MORE! :dblthumb2:

wytstang
01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Pakshak WW towels are still my favorite to use. They just feel thicker and work well. Only down side is shipping from Hawaii to the rest of the U.S is pricey.

jjj
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
To tell you the truth Papasmurf, I have the AG Cobra waffle weave and was almost mad that I had order just one till I found a tip on this forum which made my life so much easier....and a lot more fun.

After a complete rinse I use my leaf blower and blow the car as my son use the Waffle towel following up behind me. In no time we are done. I was a big shamy guy..... NO MORE! :dblthumb2:

I agree. I have several ww guzz,

Pureshine
01-09-2013, 12:04 PM
I us the Uber drying towel but I use a Master Blaster to dry the cars with. The less I touch the paint the better and I only use a towel for the little bit of water that is left.

Caleb@ImpeccableImage
01-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Well I have an air compressor, so would that be ok too?

Jaretr1
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
I got a Makita cordless leaf blower and it works well to dry whatever large water glops are left on my car (most of it sheets off using the water sheeting final rinse). For the little spots I then follow with the Cobra Supreme Guzzler. That towel works well and is soft. I recommend getting the largest size.

I love that Makita blower though. For a cordless blower, it packs a punch and has more than adequate charge time.

JSou
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I really liked the Guzzler HD. For it's size, 1 towel handled the whole car really well. I just use the blot method.

I want to try the Uber towels since I've heard a few raves from some friends. Eventually, I will buy a leaf blower or the Master Blaster to make life easier.

BobbyG
01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I used to use the Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler exclusively.....

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2245_73829501

Then I bought an electric leaf blower.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Blower.jpg

Then I bought a Metro Master Blaster

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2240_52324034

Now I'm broke!!! :laughing:

Seriously, the Guzzler above works really well. It's soft, absorbent, and won't scratch the finish. I do recommend washing these before you use them as this increases their absorbency making them easier to use.

Even with the blowers I still hit those tinny droplets that blown from one panel to the other......:props:

Johny B
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
The Ultimate Guzzler Waffle Weave. I have a Toro Ultra leaf blower and it works great so needless to say that I use only one microfiber towel to dry my SUV.

spiralout462
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Blower and Guzzler ww here too! Other microfibers for the jambs.

Caleb@ImpeccableImage
01-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Wow lots of people using the guzzler. Looks like that might be on the list now. I'll use my air compressor too lol.

Chris's FX4
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Guzzler and blower here as well.

BobbyG
01-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Blower and Guzzler ww here too! Other microfibers for the jambs.

Great point!

Door jambs and associated areas can be pretty dirty and attract dirt and debris. When cleaning door jambs I never use microfiber towels and always use a cotton terrycloth towel.

Terrycloth towels are rugged, absorbent, and are only used on those areas that perfect appearance isn't necessary. If a microfiber towel picks up dirt, sand, and debris it may not entirely shed all these abrasives and they'll end up scratching your finish when used...

Terrycloth

Doorjambs
Doors
Engine compartment
Water gutters
Trunk
Wheel Barrels

Microfiber

Exterior paint
Chrome
Trim
Glass