Let us take a moment to talk about Megs D151...AGAIN!!

ShineTimeDetail

Reaction score
So I detailed my girlfriends car...Me saying I have a girlfriend sounds weird lol but anyways I didn't come here to talk about women...we can talk about them later. Ok back to the topic! So I detailed her car a few days before Christmas and I went to spray the car off last night and it didn't bead one bit! It didn't sheet it didn't even show any characteristics of have any type of wax on it what so ever.

I know it isn't known for being a long lasting product but I'm sorry, that is ridiculous! Just thought I'd share my experience.

Try a better product next time. Not a real big fan of D151.

Interesting. While D151 is not known for long durability, I have never known it to be that bad. Some detailers have said after 151 they will put Optiseal over the 151. Optiseal has not problems bonding so its durability is very nice.

Tom you got about 3 weeks out of it........that is about its lonjevity in my opion.
It has good correction power paired with the right pads but its protection is not what like.I always top it with something else.

Tom you got about 3 weeks out of it........that is about its lonjevity in my opion.
It has good correction power paired with the right pads but its protection is not what like.I always top it with something else.

This is why I never try to sell a aio

It was designed for auctions and production shops where durability is not the main goal, make it shiny and make it fast!
This from a good friend who works for them

not a fan of AIO but that is quiet a while since you washed it

I would try opti seal, then collinite 476 and then that, then water will defintely bead lol

So I detailed my girlfriends car...Me saying I have a girlfriend sounds weird lol but anyways I didn't come here to talk about women...we can talk about them later. Ok back to the topic! So I detailed her car a few days before Christmas and I went to spray the car off last night and it didn't bead one bit! It didn't sheet it didn't even show any characteristics of have any type of wax on it what so ever.

I know it isn't known for being a long lasting product but I'm sorry, that is ridiculous! Just thought I'd share my experience.

Did you let it dry to a haze and then remove or machine on wipe off? According to Meg's you are suppose to let d151 dry to a haze and then remove, that might be the reason it only lasted 3 weeks.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums...wanted-know-about-meguiars-smat-products.html

With PRC you can remove the wax before it dries but to maximize the protection ingredients left behind on the surface as well as the gloss, if possible allow the product to dry to a haze before wipe-off.

Last edited:
Did you let it dry to a haze and then remove or machine on wipe off? According to Meg's you are suppose to let d151 dry to a haze and then remove, that might be the reason it only lasted 3 weeks.

The SMAT PACK - Everything you ever wanted to know about Meguiar's SMAT products... - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

With PRC you can remove the wax before it dries but to maximize the protection ingredients left behind on the surface as well as the gloss, if possible allow the product to dry to a haze before wipe-off.

I let dry to a haze.

Also to everyone else. I was out of town for awhile in FL that's why it didn't get washed lol and also I have colonite and tons of other products that I have for long term protection but I clayed her car and wanted something quick up use to correct and protect. I got what I wanted just a little less protection than desired.

I personally like how Meguiar's D151 works a finish. It's one of my favorite all-in-ones but like I've said in the past an all-in-one does a little of everything but not intended to replace a multistage correction, sealant, and wax process.

• Meguiar's D151 has some fine abrasives that do "some" correcting but it also contains fillers.
  • Meguiar's D151 has a bit of protection it leaves behind but it doesn't last more than a few weeks.
  • Meguiar's D151 work as designed to clean up a finish, leaving it looking great without spending days on paint correction before applying a sealant or wax.
  • Meguiar's D151 is a breeze to use with a rotary.
  • Meguiar's D151 works great in a production shop where time = money.
  • Meguiar's D151 works exactly as it's intended..

For protection try adding a durable sealant the next day...

Back