LC Hydrotech Pad question

Reaction score
Im about to order some more pads and I would like to try out the LC hydrotechs. I notice they come in 2 different thicknesses though. The low profile 7/8" and the regular profile 1.25". Could someone tell me if any, what the benefits would be of running a low profile one? I'm just not sure as to which one to order. I need the 5.5". Ive always used the Megs DA microfiber pads. I appologize for the newbish silly question lol.

Thinner is better. Less rotational mass means your DA can keep spinning and not bog down as easy with more pressure vs the thicker pads. Low profile all the way

Hello Folks,
While we're on the topic of the LC Hydro-Tech Pads, I have a question also.

I have a small assortment of the HT 4" Pads, and have only gotten the opportunity to use one so far, an Orange one in the thicker profile.

What I noticed on the one Pad, was the Backing Velcro is not attached at the center of the Pad, only around the outer perimeter. Is this common, and correct? Thanks, Mark

I have the 4" HT tangerine. If I remember correctly the back is covered with the white velcro material.

Hello Folks,
While we're on the topic of the LC Hydro-Tech Pads, I have a question also.

I have a small assortment of the HT 4" Pads, and have only gotten the opportunity to use one so far, an Orange one in the thicker profile.

What I noticed on the one Pad, was the Backing Velcro is not attached at the center of the Pad, only around the outer perimeter. Is this common, and correct? Thanks, Mark

Hey Mark,
the velcro should be attached in the center and the edges. Now is the pad in question the one you tried out? If so What kind of machine were you using?

If the pad in question is the one you used then the most cause for the delamination is "heat" which is caused by over saturation of product.

I'm not saying its not a bad pad (could very well be) but most often its user error...ie technique,to much product,to high of speed setting etc.

hope this helps

Back