Best wheel sealant.

68bowtie

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good sealant for my new clearcoated aluminum wheels. I'm wondering how the blackfire wheel sealant is.
thanks

I've heard good things about Rejex.
That's what I'll be putting on hopefully this weekend.

I've used collonite 845 in the past and that has worked well as a cheaper option, I've also used DP wheel glaze but felt collonite was better. I will be switching it up to Opti-coat 2.0 topped with permanon after this winter.

I have painted wheels on both german cars.

Although not technically a sealant, I think you'll have a hard time finding something better than opti-coat + permanon, but it is going to cost you. Richy has a short video out on youtube of his wheels getting permanon (they look like chrome), and they look stunning after the application.

Collinite 845 is great.
A coating such as OG is even better.

Collinite 845 is a good choice. I seal mine with WG sealant before then 845 the next morning.. I noticed dirt washing off with little to no effort.

Collinite 845 is a good choice. I seal mine with WG sealant before then 845 the next morning.. I noticed dirt washing off with little to no effort.

This is my "go to" until I get mine OC'd. For all my clients, I use 845.

I like poorboy's wheel sealant.

But I have used 845 and bfwd in the past and it seems to work well

I use Menzerna Powerlock on my wheels and once.. just once did a light finish w/ CG Hybrid V7 but thought it was an expensive finisher that wasn't necessary.

Looks good. seems to hold up ok. but I'm sure there is something better

I'm interested to try the Chemical guys wheel guard wheel wax next though. maybe applied over the powerlock.

I'm surprised no one has said Blackfire Crystal Seal yet.

It is just amazingly simple to use. Spray on, wipe to level, walk away.

To test it, I applied it to my right rear and left the right front uncoated. Do keep in mind, in the winter I really dont see a lot of brake dust. Not enough heat for them to get super dusty.

BUT Wheel Guard it seems to attract dirt! My city can get suuuuper muddy in the winter. Makes it fun to wash super muddy vehicles! (I will actually be making picture heavy thread on safely washing a muddy car). So I thought this would be a great test to see the difference between an uncoated wheel and a coated.

CG Wheel Guard Rear Right:
IMG_03231.JPG

Uncoated Front Right:
IMG_03481.JPG

This baffles me. I promise you I did not get them mixed up. I even marked it down in my files on my car (dont ask, OCD). The roads I am on are muddy wet tarmac when I drive it.

I have an E350 coming in two weeks I am going to pull the wheels off, clay, polish and seal with Exo and I will be doing a review on the durability of that in poor weather.

To test it, I applied it to my right rear and left the right front uncoated. Do keep in mind, in the winter I really dont see a lot of brake dust. Not enough heat for them to get super dusty.

BUT Wheel Guard it seems to attract dirt! My city can get suuuuper muddy in the winter. Makes it fun to wash super muddy vehicles! (I will actually be making picture heavy thread on safely washing a muddy car). So I thought this would be a great test to see the difference between an uncoated wheel and a coated.

IMG_03231.JPG

Uncoated Front Right:
IMG_03481.JPG

This baffles me. I promise you I did not get them mixed up. I even marked it down in my files on my car (dont ask, OCD). The roads I am on are muddy wet tarmac when I drive it.

I have an E350 coming in two weeks I am going to pull the wheels off, clay, polish and seal with Exo and I will be doing a review on the durability of that in poor weather.

Something just doesn't seem right there...

IMG_03231.JPG

Uncoated Front Right:
IMG_03481.JPG

This is perfectly normal for driving in the winter wether the wheel is coated or uncoated. It's not that it is attracting the dust, all the over spray as you drive is being thrown at the rear wheel. Look at the difference in the dirt on your tires to see what I'm talking about.

What you should have done is coated the right rear and not coat the left rear for your comparison, or vice versa. Even if wheel sealants do attract dust, it should come off extremely easy.

Example, my truck. All the over spray is thrown rearward while you drive. Look at the difference between my front and rear rims and tires. You can see it with the dirt on the paint too.

DSC01083-2.jpg

This is perfectly normal for driving in the winter weather the wheel is coated or uncoated. It's not that it is attracting the dust, all the over spray as you drive is being thrown at the rear wheel. Look at the difference in the dirt on your tires.

What you should have done is coated the right rear and not coat the left rear for your comparison, or vice versa.

Makes complete sense now! Well I will give it a go on the other side! So I take back my opinion on Wheel Guard for now! I think part of it has to do with the fact we are both RWD. I will do a proper review come summer!

Back