PLease tell me what Im missing.. My current products list.

Jrocket

Reaction score
Thanks in Advance for taking the time to read

Wash.
1. Chemical Guys Honeydew foam
2. Chemical Guys Mr Pink
3. Gilmour Foam Gun 2
4. two 5 gal wash buckets w/ Grit Guards
5. two 5 gal rinse buckets w/ Grit Guards
6. Optimum No Rinse
7. Lake Country Foam Car Wash Sponge
8. Sheep skin Mit

Dry
1. Waffle Weave towels.
2. Microfiber drying and polishing towel

Paint Prep
1. Carpro IronX
2. Meguiars Clay bar kit
3. Meguiars Ultimate Compound
4. Meguiars Ultimate Polish

Glass
1. Stoners Invisible aerosal
2. Stoners Reach tool

Wheels.
1. Sonax full effect wheel cleaner
2. Tuf Shine Tire kit
3. Daytona Jr Speed Brush
4. Microfiber wash mit dedicated to wheels

Sealants and spray sealants / Quick detailer
1. Menzerna Powerlock
2. Chemical Guys Blacklight
3. Chemical Guys Hybrid V7
4. Meguiars Quick Detailer

Waxes
1. Dodo Juice Light Fantastic
2. Dodo Juice Blue Velvet
3. Dodo Juice Hard Candy
4. Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax
5. Turtle Wax Black Box ( don't laugh) I know it's lame bought back when I had my black jeep wrangler and didn't know better.

Interior
1. 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium
2. Leatherique Pristine Clean
3. Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil

Exterior
1. Wolfgang Exterior trim sealant

Misc.
6. Microfiber towels of different sorts large small chinchilla etc.
7. Glass polish towel
8. yellow foam applicators
9. one red foam applicator
10. 2 black foam applicators
11. Snappy Clean Pad Cleaning Powder

SO what am I missing from my arsenal? I know there are a few things I still need

such as a good APC .

and of course the big one a D/A Polisher:buffing:

Nothing too expensive 150 bucks max

Your time and help is greatly appreciated more than you know it!!
:dblthumb2:

Last edited:
Heck, looks like the only thing you're missing is the address to send it all to!! I'll PM you with mine... lol

Foaming is overrated in my opinion, but others will disagree. You could save some money by eliminating the foamy stuff. Unless you're trying to impress clients and you're mobile. You'll get lots of "so what are you doing"s from passer bys and sometimes a couple more customers.

I agree with above post on the APC+ from Megs although I want to try Optimum Power Clean next.

For DA just use a 20% off coupon and get a Harbor Freight DA. I don't have one personally, but know someone who does and I actually like it more than my non XP PC... and you can have it for less than $60.

Your list looks good. Good luck. :xyxthumbs:

What about carpets? I would pick up some folex from your local hardware store or possibly walmart. And get some dedicated microfiber towels for carpets. Also if you get a polisher, pick up some carpet brushes for polishers. In the meantime, you'll need some 'by hand' brushes. Also, a good shop vac, with 5-6hp, will do wonders for your interior. You could probably get everything I just mentioned for under $150. :)

To recap:
-Shop Vac
-Brushes
-Folex
-Microfibers

What about carpets? I would pick up some folex from your local hardware store or possibly walmart. And get some dedicated microfiber towels for carpets. Also if you get a polisher, pick up some carpet brushes for polishers. In the meantime, you'll need some 'by hand' brushes. Also, a good shop vac, with 5-6hp, will do wonders for your interior. You could probably get everything I just mentioned for under $150. :)

To recap:
-Shop Vac
-Brushes
-Folex
-Microfibers

Nice catch Jeff!

I've had better luck with APC+ and Zep high traffic than I have with Folex, but it's cheap and a must try so you can judge for yourself. I do like the fact that there is no need to "rinse" Folex.

My 6.5hp 5 gallon shop vac is finally dying after a good 5 years of use. Think I will try a Metro next... The shop vac I had was only rated about 60" of water lift (can't remember where I finally found that spec) where as the Metro has *I think* 93" of water lift.

Griot's Garage DA link above is great!

Also, I have a few APCs:

Optimum Power Clean
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner Plus
Adam's All Purpose Cleaner

I think the most versatile is OPC, while the easiest to use is Adam's, while the best bang for your buck is Meguiar's.

The reasons I think this are because OPC can be used on practically any surface and is dilutable and still effective, Adam's is a ready-to-use but can be used on almost all surfaces, and Meguiar's is great cleaning ability at an exceptional price, but you have to be careful where you spray.

Meguiars APC and APC+ are highly recommended here.

Thanks.. Going to consider this product.

Heck, looks like the only thing you're missing is the address to send it all to!! I'll PM you with mine... lol

Haha!

Foaming is overrated in my opinion, but others will disagree. You could save some money by eliminating the foamy stuff. Unless you're trying to impress clients and you're mobile. You'll get lots of "so what are you doing"s from passer bys and sometimes a couple more customers.

I agree with above post on the APC+ from Megs although I want to try Optimum Power Clean next.

For DA just use a 20% off coupon and get a Harbor Freight DA. I don't have one personally, but know someone who does and I actually like it more than my non XP PC... and you can have it for less than $60.

Your list looks good. Good luck. :xyxthumbs:

Thanks!! yeah I am addicted to the foam gun.. and since neighbors have seen me using it I have picked up some of there business (trying to start a small side biz)

I think I may go with the optimum power Clean after a lil research.

To recap:
-Shop Vac
-Brushes
-Folex
-Microfibers

Thanks for the great advice.. I have nothing for carpet cleaning and need a new shop vac. Gonna make those purchases this weekend Including carpet brushes for polisher.

Nice catch Jeff!

I've had better luck with APC+ and Zep high traffic than I have with Folex, but it's cheap and a must try so you can judge for yourself. I do like the fact that there is no need to "rinse" Folex.

My 6.5hp 5 gallon shop vac is finally dying after a good 5 years of use. Think I will try a Metro next... The shop vac I had was only rated about 60" of water lift (can't remember where I finally found that spec) where as the Metro has *I think* 93" of water lift.

I will def look into the Zep high traffic as well Ive seen mixed reviews of the Folex. maybe i can pick up both.

Full size daytona brush!

This will come down the road as I think my Jr will suffice for now since I have to purchase carpet cleaners.. apc.. shop vac and a D/A polisher

Griot's Garage DA link above is great!

Also, I have a few APCs:

Optimum Power Clean
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner Plus
Adam's All Purpose Cleaner

I think the most versatile is OPC, while the easiest to use is Adam's, while the best bang for your buck is Meguiar's.

The reasons I think this are because OPC can be used on practically any surface and is dilutable and still effective, Adam's is a ready-to-use but can be used on almost all surfaces, and Meguiar's is great cleaning ability at an exceptional price, but you have to be careful where you spray.

I appreciate the break downs on these..

I think I may pick up some OPC for sure and some Meguiars APC + for the cost savings as my small biz grows
Im the MAN

Should I spend the extra 15 bucks for the HD?

I know its only 15 bucks but every bit adds up quick.. but this is not something i want to cheap out over.

Just curious if its worth it or the non HD is just as good..

I spent the extra bit to get the HD 3401 and im glad I did. I dont have to use an extension cord most of the time. It is money well spent.

I spent the extra bit to get the HD 3401 and im glad I did. I dont have to use an extension cord most of the time. It is money well spent.

Cool. I'm sold. on the HD :buffing:

I'll just skip going out for lunch the next few days this week..:work:

Therefore Money well spent

In my experience, the HD cord is worthless. I always have to use an extension cord anyways. It totally depends on your work place. But you can get a 12 gauge quality extension cord for pretty cheap and that can be used on any machine instead of being limited to one.

In my experience, the HD cord is worthless. I always have to use an extension cord anyways. It totally depends on your work place. But you can get a 12 gauge quality extension cord for pretty cheap and that can be used on any machine instead of being limited to one.

Dang! that makes alot of sense too..

maybe I should just by the regular seeing as I have about 2 or 3 brand new extension cords sitting in the garage.. and they are a nice heavy guage.

would save me 15 bucks too

1 More thing I know I need and need suggestions

I need a soap or paint cleaner or whatever works best and is easy to remove

Sealant and Wax

for when I want to start fresh

\Feed back please

THANK YOU!!

Back