New guy here with a question on no rinse wash.

clguidry

Reaction score
Hello from Arkansas! I've enjoyed lurking around here for the past year or so. Learning tons! Slowly working my way into detailing as a hobby. Been using the 2 bucket method to wash and other tips from here for some basic car care. Looking to get into a little bit of machine polishing once spring hits and the weather warms. Just got a GG6 DA polisher and some M205 polish. In the meantime, I'm interested in doing no rinse washes. Seems like ONR gets alot of love. My questions: Should I get the ONR wash and shine or the ONR wash and Wax? Can both be used as a clay lubricant?

Also, I'll need some more microfibers..any recommendations that won't break the bank?

Thanks guys.

Hello from Arkansas! I've enjoyed lurking around here for the past year or so. Learning tons! Slowly working my way into detailing as a hobby. Been using the 2 bucket method to wash and other tips from here for some basic car care. Looking to get into a little bit of machine polishing once spring hits and the weather warms. Just got a GG6 DA polisher and some M205 polish. In the meantime, I'm interested in doing no rinse washes. Seems like ONR gets alot of love. My questions: Should I get the ONR wash and shine or the ONR wash and Wax? Can both be used as a clay lubricant?

Also, I'll need some more microfibers..any recommendations that won't break the bank?

Thanks guys.

ONRWW by a MILE!

I use both, but the WW is well worth it.

The MF towels depends on what you want to do with them. For general duty the Costco bundles are great (after a good wash or two). Just watch the BOGO's around here for stuff like the Supreme 530's, or Gold Plush Jr's which I bet you'll like. I also have picked up the blue and tan ones from Advance for $4 a pair (with online 20% off) and like them a lot for general duty stuff, can't beat them for 2 bucks a piece. The weird part is just how much one can spend on darn MF towels! :)

Thanks! I'll give it a try. Any recommendations for microfiber towels?

I have both ONR & ONRWW. I love using both, but ONRWW leaves a better finish on the paint and smells like yummy bubble gum. I recommend using it with a plush MF towel.

I personaly like my RW's without wax. I want to make sure the car gets clean. If i want to amp up the shine, I take a few minutes and either go over with a QD with wax or use a spray wax.
My favorite RW so far is Blackfire.

I personaly like my RW's without wax. I want to make sure the car gets clean. If i want to amp up the shine, I take a few minutes and either go over with a QD with wax or use a spray wax.
My favorite RW so far is Blackfire.

Blackfire is an amazing rinseless wash!

I'd say ONR is close to Blackfire... but Blackfire edges it.

Isn't ONR rinseless wash and Blackfire Waterless wash? I use them both, for gary dean method/hybrid washes.

My comment on leaving water on your car or any car. DONT do it your inviting water spots and possible etching, if the sun dries it. If you DONT have time to wash and DRY your car then dont do either. Some of my clients drip dry their cars and after six months of that they are a mess.

Much things related to labor have not changed in detailing. You must follow the process of a thorough wipedown for the vehicle to look its best after any wash.

New guy....I use the product.....its great. But I still wipe it down. Have a great day! Come on LOL :)

Back