845 for trim?

Iron400

Reaction score
I have been reading around on forums looking for a good solution on black trim and plastic. I came across a very detailed review about using 845 on trim, and the results and durability were outstanding. Has anyone here done this or currently use it for this purpose. 845 using WOWO appears to work well?

I always put waxes like 845, 476, #16 on my trim when I'm doing the rest of the car. I don't go out of my way to use them on trim if I'm using another LSP though. The best stuff I've found for trim is WETS, which is pretty similar to UTTG I guess. (Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, Ultima Tire and Trim Guard)

I agree with Setec....... but I like UTTG better.

Would I go out of my way to use 845 on trim? No as there are better alternatives but I do like to use it when I am already doing a coat on the paint and in a hurry. Works fine and won't stain or blemish most non porous surfaces. Great part is that I can protect the whole exterior in one shot and not have to worry about being extra careful around trim.

I've had really good luck with WETS on my wife's Mazda 3. The durability is going on about 5 months without reapplication on the cowl and window trim. The front bumper needs reapplication because of all the abuse it sees.

- Helder

Back