PDA

View Full Version : Pros and cons on the Cyclo dual polisher

Crazy Diamond
01-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Does any one own one of these and if so what are your thoughts on this machine?Feed back please

Setec Astronomy
01-25-2013, 11:02 AM
I have an older one without the variable speed or the new counterweight system, TBH I never got around to using it much. I put some wool pads on it and polished up a stainless counter at work, that I think was my biggest exercise with the thing...maybe I'll pull it out in the spring and try to put some miles on it.

Maybe I got psyched out with the idea of having to watch two heads at the same time on the car, when going around wiper nozzles, mirrors, etc.

Old Man
01-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Pros: I have the 5-speed Cyclo. It doesn't have that PC-type of vibration. It jiggles a bit on the low speeds. Almost no vibration on speeds 4 and 5. I can easily use one hand on those speeds-(horizontal panels). It looks ungainly, but Cyclo figured out the ergonomics a long time ago. And you probably won't break it. I've never heard of anyone breaking one.

Cons: Cost. Not cheap,but quality tools are not cheap. With tools, you do get what you pay for. Pad selection. But more and more 4" pads are becoming available.

Crazy Diamond
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Just curious if I should go with that or the rupes 15

Aaryn NZ
01-26-2013, 02:36 AM
I have an older one that hasn't got variable speed & I love it. Build quality is fantastic, the balance is perfect & the results can be as good as any machine with the right technique. I know people say that the pad selection isn't as good as other polishers but there are more & more 4 inch pads coming out all the time. :props:

Colton205
04-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm selling mines!! Or will trade for an high speed flex!!!

pasipple
04-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Maybe a little off topic...but...will the Cyclo brushes work on a Flex 3401?

dipolley
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I have worked with the Cycleo two head variable speed. I enjoy working with them and have a great relationship with Cycle becuase they are made in Colorado not far from where I am and they are made in America. Buying American-made products is a key priciple of my company and Cyclo fits that. Here my feedback.

For paint correction, not a great machine. It will work well on minor correction just fine. As a finishing polisher it is fantastic. When doing a concourse detail or a full paint correction I like the Cyclo for my last step. I also find that the unit is great for removing holgrams. For a final polish, I like using it with two white pads; one with a fine polish and the other with a jewler's polish.

BTW if you watch the videos on thier site or fb page, I am the one polishing the red Ferrari 360. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcLgNno-d7E&feature=player_embedded

rustytruck
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
I love my cyclo. 5 speed pro. I just posted a video on my Facebook page that shows me using the cyclo. check it out,

sweatthedetails
04-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Pro- dummy proof, I can hand one to my newest employee with no worries at all. Great versatile tool, the brush attachments come in handy when you have some trashed carpets. I've even used mine to clean my tub. Very comfortable in my hands, I highly recommend the pro backing plates they really cut down on vibes. It's so easy to use a caveman could use it.

Con- limited correction abilities. Great for putting a shine on a vehicle, but when you have a customer who wants swirls or scratches removed it is not going to give you what you want.