Will 4 3/8 backing plate work with 5" hybrid.

68bowtie

Reaction score
I was wondering if the 4 3/8" backing plate would work with the 5" hybrid pads. I really don't want to spend the extra $ for the other changable system.
thank

People say "YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE 4 INCH" but that's bogus. I use the 4 3/8 BP with 5" pads all the time and don't have any problems with it.

Do you like the smaller pads better? I heard that it makes the flex much more enjoyable to use over the bigger pads. I really don't mind the bigger pads but on the curved panels i think the smaller pads would be better.

Yes, the 5" Hybrids are much more enjoyable over the 6.5 pads. Much more control over the machine as well as smoothness & power to pad in my opinion.
I haven't found a pad to beat the combo to date. It's great.

I was wondering if the 4 3/8" backing plate would work with the 5" hybrid pads. I really don't want to spend the extra $ for the other changable system.
thank

You can use the bigger plate to run the 5 inch hybrids but beware that the hook material on the bp will extend out over the foam pad and if used with heavy downward pressure the potential for the bp to come into contact with the foam exists and you may chew up the foam on the pad under very heavy downward pressure.

People say "YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE 4 INCH" but that's bogus. I use the 4 3/8 BP with 5" pads all the time and don't have any problems with it.

You dont HAVE to use the small 4 inch plate but as I said above there is potential for damaging the pads.

Back