Optimum metal polish

Ryry11

Reaction score
I got a bottle of optimum metal polish today, and was wondering a couple things that I was hoping those out there that have used it could tell me. First, the product is thin as water, which is a first for me, because every metal polish over ever used has been thick or a paste. Is its consistency suppose to be thin as water? Also, I planned on using this on my factory chrome wheels, and was hoping that this would be ok? The bottle says its ok for chrome, and being they're factory chrome wheels I'm assuming they're coated, so I wanted to make sure that it would be ok to use on them. Optimum says that it "polish and seals"...if I wanted to polish with this, but then use another product to coat my wheels, would an IPA strip the sealant it lays down enough to coat them with the other product I want to use? Any input is appreciated

Good product - I don't think you'll be disappointed. Did you shake the bottle pretty well? I certainly wouldn't call it a thick gel, but it should be quite a bit thicker than water. It'll be fine on your factory chrome rims, and I wouldn't bother with any stripping effort. I've topped with Poorboys Wheel Sealant with transparent cosmetic effect and no shortage of durability from the sealant.

You definitely have to shake it. Don't make the mistake I made and try to transfer it to a spray bottle. Lost half the product because it separated and was impossible to pour from the original bottle to a spray bottle.

Optimum metal polish is a GREAT product! It came highly recommended from a thread I started... (see below) Optimum polish tends to separate when stored, always give it a good shake before using, this will help it thicken up some but it tends to be a thinner polish than most OTC products. I've used several and Optimum has been my favorite by far! It should work great on your chrome wheels! I've followed it with some Wolfgang Sealant just for additional protection on my wheels but don't think its neccessary! Good luck! :dblthumb2:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...t-paint-but-who-s-got-best-chrome-polish.html

Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for:)

Back