Played with WG2.0 & M26 on Black 5.0

fdesalvo

Reaction score
While I waited for my AG order to arrive, I decided to use some of the products I had on hand to to help protect the 2014 GT:

Danalese Wet Glaze 2.0, Meguire's #26 Tech Wax, and Zaino Z-8 Grande Finale Spray.

The WG2.0 is super easy on/off and doesn't dust or stain plastic trim. I actually used it to protect the trim from chalking. I thought the perfectly clean black paint looked amazing until I buffed it off. Everything that is reported about this product is true - super deep, wet, and slick finish.

Unlike Zaino Z2 or some other products I've used, the Wet Glaze has an organic shimmer to it - not plasticy at all. In fact, it looked like it melted into the paint instead of just sitting on top. I had a tough time deciding whether or not to top this with the M26, as I was very happy with the look. I went ahead anyway.

The Meg's went on smoothly, gliding on top of the WG2.0 and dried to a haze. It buffed off easily without dusting. The depth, wetness, and shine increased by a significant amount. This wax looked like it melted into the paint. The same slickness was there, but the paint looked like an ocean of ink. I read that waxes tend to attract dust, so I decided to top it with a spritz of Z8.

The Z8 added nothing in terms of death, gloss, or slickness. The reflections sharpened up a bit and the overall look of the finish became a bit colder. I'm not using this again.

In the end, I'm extremely happy with the way WG2.0 and M26 play together on my black paint. It's everything I wanted. These two aren't leaving my detail bag ever. In fact, I can't even imagine what the Souveran I ordered can possibly do to better the look, though I bet it will look amazing on top of the WG2.0. Pardon the lighting here - by the time I finished, my parking garage was the brightest place I could take these pics.

D1089890-DC6D-4197-A8AC-7A596420C465-7545-0000039BA4121F86_zps983081f4.jpg

8F33C839-6E18-471A-857B-59B7FA748333-7545-0000039BABD9CD3A_zps5170620c.jpg

9DBF4691-397E-4D8E-A26A-69022298B475-7545-0000039BA95E65FC_zps1d2349d8.jpg

240F0072-43CC-4906-8DC3-FFD0D602B55E-7545-0000039BAE4B7F19_zpsf2ddbfcf.jpg

Jealous and this is coming from someone who has your exact twin but a 2013

Thanks for the love! I'll take her out today during lunch. Should be nice and bright today and I have a great spot to shoot. I noticed that I might have some rail dust in the clear, but I have some Iron-x en route.

JohnnyB - What products are you using on your car? Also, I just installed a JLT oil separator. Have you done this yet?

JohnnyB - What products are you using on your car? Also, I just installed a JLT oil separator. Have you done this yet?

Right now Blacklight, v7 combo. I can only use this combo in the winter because it doesn't stand a chance in the summer heat ( learned this last summer). Few weeks from now I am going to try power lock and color lock and see how well that does in the Texas summer sun. I haven't done any mods other then tint the windows. I knew the 4.6 had bad blow by but the 5.0 needs a catch can also?

Right now Blacklight, v7 combo. I can only use this combo in the winter because it doesn't stand a chance in the summer heat ( learned this last summer). Few weeks from now I am going to try power lock and color lock and see how well that does in the Texas summer sun. I haven't done any mods other then tint the windows. I knew the 4.6 had bad blow by but the 5.0 needs a catch can also?

Cool, cool. Yeah, I've heard some say there's no blowby and others say their catch cans collect about a tablespoon of oil every 3K miles or so. I bought the passenger side unit just for insurance.

The WG2.0 is super easy on/off and doesn't dust or stain plastic trim. I actually used it to protect the trim from chalking. I thought the perfectly clean black paint looked amazing until I buffed it off. Everything that is reported about this product is true - super deep, wet, and slick finish.

Unlike Zaino Z2 or some other products I've used, the Wet Glaze has an organic shimmer to it - not plasticy at all. In fact, it looked like it melted into the paint instead of just sitting on top. I had a tough time deciding whether or not to top this with the M26, as I was very happy with the look. I went ahead anyway.

:iagree:

WG2.0 is some really good stuff!! I use it between waxes to maintain a high level of gloss.

LOL !!!!
Now all you need is a nice big tub that you could fill up with 2.0 so that you could just dunk your cars right in.

I'm extremely happy with the way WG2.0 and M26 play together

Glad you liked the results from these two products...
Your vehicle looks great!!

I get similar end-results using M07 and M26.

And now...Thanks to merlin...
Looks like I'll never get the chance to use WG2.0. LOL

Bob

And now...Thanks to merlin...
Looks like I'll never get the chance to use WG2.0. LOL

Bob

I know. Before Merlin bought that lot, this stuff was $1.50 per bottle!

@ Merlin/Rockeey lol!

I get similar end-results using M07 and M26.

Bob

M07 IMHO is the original "Queen For A Day" gloss enhancer. It's been around since about day one and there's a reason it's still in the Megs line up. It works!

WG 2.0 is a polymer and as such can go both under and over sealants and waxes. Depending on what I'm using for a LSP I'll put in on the paint after correction.

You can use up to three coats & each one builds on the last. I'll put a top coat on for Saturday night or car show. It's real easy to apply/remove & feels slick.

M07 IMHO is the original "Queen For A Day" gloss enhancer. It's been around since about day one and there's a reason it's still in the Megs line up. It works!

WG 2.0 is a polymer and as such can go both under and over sealants and waxes. Depending on what I'm using for a LSP I'll put in on the paint after correction.

You can use up to three coats & each one builds on the last. I'll put a top coat on for Saturday night or car show. It's real easy to apply/remove & feels slick.

I agree. Hence its tittle "Show Car Glaze". Anyone know of a glaze that has similar results as M07 but lasts longer than 2-3 days?

Wet glaze 2.0 is the best on the market.You can apply it under or top your LSP.

I find WG 2.0 looks good as a topper over a carnuba wax on a dark car.

Whats the durability on it guys? Same as any glaze?

I actually got a month out of it all by itself. It's a polymer and it lasts pretty darn good.
Your results may vary. (Weather dependent) It has a slick feeling similar to BFWD AFPP.

Back