Zymol Concours, by Hand?

peter w.

Reaction score
Just purchased the Zymol HD cleanse and Zymol Concours. Should I apply the concours by hand or a foam applicator pad or maybe a terry cloth applicator? I think if I apply it by hand I may cause scratches in the paint. Does anyone have any experience with this product that can help me out? Thanks in advance!

It is recommmended you appy by hand, athough some peope do not. I have heard it does mae a diffrence. be sure to wash your hands we before appying the wax and you shoud have no probmens

By hand to be safe.

Take some before and after pictures too if you can. I havent seen that many Zymol waxes being used in the Show & Shine section.

I'd Use Hand......as Suggested , Wash Hands Well Beforehand

Never saw a difference by hand or foamy. With foamy you need to circle the top a couple times to soften it. If you by hand, you hands will feel greasy most the afternoon, but bead water well !

I apply it by hand and have had no problems, when you think the wax has run out rub your hand together and keep applying. I love applying wax by hand now something sexxxy about it:D

drdellorama said:
i wonder if i can do this with other waxes such as the max wax?

yup you sure can. All waxes can be applied by hand, some are better then others. For example gold class is a really soft wax, when i applied it by hand all i got was s sick mess.
Harder waxes seam to work better.

Some have said that all waxes benfit for the simple reason that a more even coat of wax is applied. As you wax your car the applicator absorbs some of the oils and solvents in the wax. As you progress in the wax there is more and more oil and such on the applicator. This changes the concentration of wax and oils, chanhging the wax slightly.
When applying by hand no oils are absorbed so there is a more even applicatio of the wax

cool,
is there a walkthrough or write up on how to do this, in this forum?

CalgaryDetail said:
..... As you progress in the wax there is more and more oil and such on the applicator. This changes the concentration of wax and oils, chanhging the wax slightly.
When applying by hand no oils are absorbed so there is a more even applicatio of the wax

I called a friend who is studing to be a dermotilogist (sp??) and told him your senario. Not only did he offer that your wrong (skin is porous) but the solvents and other additives can likely harm your skin with exposure. He told me to wear gloves or use a foamy to be safe !

He did offer that some of the items in Zymol are actually better for skin than likely for paint. Coconut butter, and other plant offerings.

killrwheels@autogeek said:
I called a friend who is studing to be a dermotilogist (sp??) and told him your senario. Not only did he offer that your wrong (skin is porous) but the solvents and other additives can likely harm your skin with exposure. He told me to wear gloves or use a foamy to be safe !

He did offer that some of the items in Zymol are actually better for skin than likely for paint. Coconut butter, and other plant offerings.

Isn't our skin selectively permeable? hahah.

Zymol for skin care....hmmmmmm.

I never said it was good for your hands. :p , i know people who have had irtritated skin,

And yes the skin is porus, it needs to breath. It dosent absrob and relases the oils and solvents the same way an applicator does.

is it better or worse? depends who you ask and what you want. i am simply stating a matter of opion

I've have used the Zymol Concours and I have applied it by hand. The key to a great shine though is the polishing and the HD cleanse. I'm very pleased with the HD cleanse, the Councours is just the cherry to the cake lol...oh and I agree applying the wax by hand is great, I like the feel, I love feeling the curves and turns of the vehicles.

Well just my opinion, that's all.

I have noticed the HD cleanse is hard to work with. Any tips on how to apply the HD cleanse. The bottle says medium to hard pressure but it dries so quick. I am doing it in my garage so sun and temp is not a problem. Am i pressing to hard? Also what applicator should I use? Thanks

do a panel at a time, (apply HD Cleanse on a panel then remove) don't let it sit too long or you'll wear youself out really quick trying to buff it off. Also, what kind of applicator are you using to apply it? Make sure you apply it as thin as possible. While it is kind of hard to work with, the results (and smell) are worth it, IMHO.

Pete

Ok so I finally put the first coat of Concours on my car, and let me tell you it looks great. I can't wait to see what it looks like with multiple coats. I have a couple of questions, first how long do I have to wait before applying another coat? Can I use another product beside Zymol HD cleanse before applying the Concours, the HD cleanse is just to hard to work with, I need something alot easier, any suggestions? Also if i am going to apply the Zymol with an applicator pad, shoud I use a foam applicator or terry cloth applicator pad? Thanks in advance, Peter

peter w. said:
Ok so I finally put the first coat of Concours on my car, and let me tell you it looks great. I can't wait to see what it looks like with multiple coats. I have a couple of questions, first how long do I have to wait before applying another coat? Can I use another product beside Zymol HD cleanse before applying the Concours, the HD cleanse is just to hard to work with, I need something alot easier, any suggestions? Also if i am going to apply the Zymol with an applicator pad, shoud I use a foam applicator or terry cloth applicator pad? Thanks in advance, Peter

I think foam applicators are the best. I don't like the microfiber or terry cloth applicators. I would definitely not use a terry cloth applicator.

peter w. said:
I have noticed the HD cleanse is hard to work with. Any tips on how to apply the HD cleanse. The bottle says medium to hard pressure but it dries so quick. I am doing it in my garage so sun and temp is not a problem. Am i pressing to hard? Also what applicator should I use? Thanks

consider using the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or the P21S GEPC. Both are easier to use with same results. Wipe on, buff off.

consider using the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or the P21S GEPC. Both are easier to use with same results. Wipe on, buff off.

I am going to have to agree. I have used a few cleansing lotions and i also find HD-cleasne hard to work with, it takes alot of work that can be done with other products and less work. As far as other lotions to try. i would say p21s. I find it to do a better job at leaving the paint deep and wt looking. pinncale is not bad, but of the two go with p21s

Back