what lubrificant do you use for claying?

devst8

Reaction score
I use Meguire's quick detailing and I was wondering if there are other brands of lubrificant better for claying?

thanks for your input

that stuff works fine...sometimes hazes the finish tho...not the best for black cars

DP Clay Lubricant -- big canister for reasonable $$$.

I've been usnig the Pinnacle clay lube, the stuff is awesome! Got 64 oz a little while back when it was on sale.

the suds from washing are nice to use, as well as the DP clay lubricant

1 oz of DP 4 in 1 with 30oz of distilled water.

I do 1 oz of dp 4 in 1 in 31 oz of distilled water from wal mart :p then put it in a spray bottle from target

Meguiars NXT clay using the foam gun, after washing.

trlblazer3 said:
I've been usnig the Pinnacle clay lube, the stuff is awesome! Got 64 oz a little while back when it was on sale.

AGREE.......very good product.......:righton:

Usually the soap from the foam gun. Occasionally FK425.

I get a gallon of Megs no touch then dilute it 1-1

The best one I've used up to date is Pinnacle clay lube. Megs Final Inspection was not bad, but not as good. DP 4-in-1 can do a fine job too, but needs more lubricity. I'm thinking of trying DP 4-in1 clay lube mixed with a little Pinnacle bodywork shampoo to added lubricity. This should make it as slick as Pinnacle, but very economical price (Was always wondering what makes Pinnacle so slippery, must be some good soap). Again, only a little bit (1/2 oz) of soap, to make sure I won't have my clay bar falling apart.

supercharged said:
The best one I've used up to date is Pinnacle clay lube. Megs Final Inspection was not bad, but not as good. DP 4-in-1 can do a fine job too, but needs more lubricity. I'm thinking of trying DP 4-in1 clay lube mixed with a little Pinnacle bodywork shampoo to added lubricity. This should make it as slick as Pinnacle, but very economical price (Was always wondering what makes Pinnacle so slippery, must be some good soap). Again, only a little bit (1/2 oz) of soap, to make sure I won't have my clay bar falling apart.

THe 4 in 1 is pretty slippery for me. Hmm, maybe add 2 oz instead of 1 oz in a 32 oz bottle :)

klumzypinoy said:
THe 4 in 1 is pretty slippery for me. Hmm, maybe add 2 oz instead of 1 oz in a 32 oz bottle :)
:iagree: or car soap and DI water.

klumzypinoy said:
noas slippery as Pinnacle clay lube. I get spoiled by Pinnacle products very quick.

supercharged said:
I get spoiled by Pinnacle products very quick.

I'm getting the same way supercharged. With every Pinnacle product I try, I want to try more and more....its a great line!

Back