Get the best value in cash wash soap?

Bill1234

Reaction score
Hi all, I know the title sounds confusing , but I am working with my teen center on the car wash they do every year. I want to get the best value for the money for them as they will usually go out an buy one or two large gallons of car wash, but spend upwards of 20 to 30 dollars and not make the shampoo go that far. I am not really concerned with top quality being reflected in the price, but more value,

I was thinking
optimum
citrus wash and gloss
I will also ask to invest in a 10 pack of leaktite buckets as it looks like a good idea

Keep in mind it will not be a full detail :autowash:

Hi all, I know the title sounds confusing , but I am working with my teen center on the car wash they do every year. I want to get the best value for the money for them as they will usually go out an buy one or two large gallons of car wash, but spend upwards of 20 to 30 dollars and not make the shampoo go that far. I am not really concerned with top quality being reflected in the price, but more value,

I was thinking
optimum
citrus wash and gloss
I will also ask to invest in a 10 pack of leaktite buckets as it looks like a good idea

Concentrated soaps offer value too , perhaps Mr. Pink ?

Costco has Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner.

Sells for around $11/Gallon - It's actually a pretty decent product.

How about asking your local parts store(s) or warehouse store to donate a few gallons to the cause?

Costco has Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner.

Sells for around $11/Gallon - It's actually a pretty decent product.

:iagree: But definately NOT the most cost effective. You have to figure out cost per wash. There is a handy little chart floating around here somewhere.......

How about asking your local parts store(s) or warehouse store to donate a few gallons to the cause?

:iagree:and most will bite.

Actually did this for a local high school....they called me for for some help( I couldn,t be there because I was going to be out of town)but I donated some towels and I called on a freind in the parts biz and he jumped all over it....supplied them with everything else...soap,tire shine etc. And it was all Duragloss Products!

:iagree: But definately NOT the most cost effective. You have to figure out cost per wash. There is a handy little chart floating around here somewhere.......

True, I want to have the most cost effective, most of the cars are cuv and suv so I want to get the most out of it. I think Citrus is a good deal. Thoughts?>

Concentrated soaps offer value too , perhaps Mr. Pink ?

+1

True, I want to have the most cost effective, most of the cars are cuv and suv so I want to get the most out of it. I think Citrus is a good deal. Thoughts?>

Are you trying to strip the cars and rewax?

Honestly Citrus W&G is an awesome shampoo! That and Mr. Pink are my two votes.

If you're counting pennies, make sure you factor in shipping costs versus over the counter products.

Go to your local Dollar General, Dollar Store or Big Lots and see what they have. If cost is your motivating factor, you can;t go wrong at either of these places.

I want to preserve wax protection and add gloss while getting the best value I need something with a high dilution ratio

I used two bucket method this weekend and with 5 gal bucket with gg- 1oz of cg citrus wash clear and 5 gal of h2o did 2 vehix (switched out mitts and mfs emptied the rinse). we could have easily done 2 or 3 more cars with that one bucket. Unbelievable suds and cleaning abilty.

Can we ask Autogeek to donate a gallon of Citrus Wash and Gloss for that charity purpose?
At around 1:2000, it is still the cheapest per wash.

I do not need to have autogeek donate stuff, I need to have something that will not strip wax and is good dilution ratio. I could buy 3 meguiars gold class for 7.99 and wash about 75 cars or I could buy 1 citrus and wash over 300. Keep in mind this thing starts at 9am and continues till 1pm. Im trying to teach the place not to waste and mess up with stuff. I had to buy mothers fender brushes because they were using wash mitts in fenders and on rims

probably how it would go down with you guys looking at them
------>:bat:

Cg cw&g seems to strip wax even at lower dilutions for me. cg citrus wash clear and mr pink doesn't strip afaik.

Let me put it this way, I dont want to strip wax and I want to get the most value for my money as we are working for about 4 hours. I have seen optimum, citrus, and other brands. I dont want the people going around and buying the smaller 9 dollar containers and at 3 of them you will already equal the price of 1 of the bulk ones and you will not be able to wash as much

I have never used it but would consider Meguiars Hyper Wash. It is on my list to try.

Back