AIO, Polish, Glaze, Sealant - What is the order?

nubaseal

Reaction score
I just cleaned my paint with AutoGlym Super Resin Polish and planning to use Carpro Reload as the sealant. I am confused about the order in which I should be using the products. Straight to the questions then.

1. SRP being an Oily Polish, will it allow Carpro Reload to bond to the paint?
2. If I do an IPA wipedown, it will remove all the fillers and the Oily finish making the paint imperfect and not worth sealing?
3. I love the look offered by a glaze like Prima Amigo. If I cant use it under a sealant, can I apply it after using the sealant?
4. Is Carpro Reload any different from traditional sealants like Collinite 845, Duragloss 105 in the sense that it can be applied over any other sealant, wax or glaze as it is water based?

IIRC SRP is not an "oily polish", but an acrylic AIO like Klasse AIO. Also IIRC Reload is a maintenance product for CQuartz. I think people were using it over Opti-Coat to slicken the surface. The Amigo seems to be similar in function to the SRP.

So you've got redundant products with cleaners that will remove previous product, as the IPA will. IMO use the SRP or the Amigo first to clean/refine the paint, then top that with Reload, then top it with 845, if that's the stuff you've got.

If you already applied an AIO (which SRP is), about the only thing left at this point is to apply a sealant or wax.

IIRC SRP is not an "oily polish", but an acrylic AIO like Klasse AIO. Also IIRC Reload is a maintenance product for CQuartz. I think people were using it over Opti-Coat to slicken the surface. The Amigo seems to be similar in function to the SRP.

So you've got redundant products with cleaners that will remove previous product, as the IPA will. IMO use the SRP or the Amigo first to clean/refine the paint, then top that with Reload, then top it with 845, if that's the stuff you've got.

I don't have C845 and I can get any good sealant if Reload is not good enough. Just looking for opinions and recommendations. I have DG 105 in my garage and reload for now.

Hmmm, I thought if you topped Reload with any other product it would cause bonding problems & inhibit it's performance as well as dull the shine.

I don't have C845 and I can get any good sealant if Reload is not good enough. Just looking for opinions and recommendations. I have DG 105 in my garage and reload for now.

Then use the SRP or Amigo to clean the paint. You can then top it with DG105 although there may be some argument as to whether that has light cleaners in it that may remove some of the underlying AIO protection. Top that with Reload and you should be good to go. Or just go from SRP/Amigo to Reload.

Hmmm, I thought if you topped Reload with any other product it would cause bonding problems & inhibit it's performance as well as dull the shine.

Maybe so, I was mostly trying to correct the OP's thoughts about SRP being "oily" and get him to understand that both SRP and Amigo are "sealanty" AIO's.

Maybe so, I was mostly trying to correct the OP's thoughts about SRP being "oily" and get him to understand that both SRP and Amigo are "sealanty" AIO's.

Thanks, I am glad that both are "sealanty" as it is hard to figure out what goes under a sealant and what doesn't. It is so much easier with waxes and traditional sealants like C845 and FK1000P where one can use any type of AIO, Polish or Glaze under them.

Maybe part of the difficulty is that Collinite 845 is a wax, not a sealant, therefore you don't have to be too careful about what you put it over.

Conversely, even though Finish Kare calls it a "wax", FK1000P is a paste sealant, and although I have never used it, I presume it needs the normal sealant prep. Supposed to be good stuff, I had forgotten all about it, thanks for reminding me.

Back