A few questions.. im new... :P

clidefr0g

Reaction score
Newish to detailing, ive been a member for a while and done a bit of reading but i have only done two cars total.

I have a few questions.

First off, my car is a silver anniversary mustang that I want to make nice and shiny. Ill go through what I have and the questions I have along the way.

Ill be using citrus wash+ gloss to wash the car with, now one of my questions is that I have a Griot's Garage Car Wash Nozzle #92526 that will spray the car down, what settings would I use for basic wash vs stripping wax?

Next I have Riccardo yellow clay and wolfgang clay lube

M 105 - I dont think I need this for my car anymore, hopfully...

M 205 - I plan on going over the car with this to fix any swirls

Here is my next question: What should I use AFTER M205 to help give my silver paint more POP/Shine/Depth I am really disappointed in silvers ability to look good vs my red mustang.

After that I have menzerna power lock and pinacle souveran paste.

Can you please look over my lineup and give me any tips to make the silver look nicer? I can upload a picture of my car later if it would help make any decisions.

In my limited experience M205 finishes beautiful, even on black! Some people like Menzerna SF4500 for finishing. Either way I bet the Stang looks pretty sharp after that kind of loving!

Newish to detailing, ive been a member for a while and done a bit of reading but i have only done two cars total.

I have a few questions.

First off, my car is a silver anniversary mustang that I want to make nice and shiny. Ill go through what I have and the questions I have along the way.

Ill be using citrus wash+ gloss to wash the car with, now one of my questions is that I have a Griot's Garage Car Wash Nozzle #92526 that will spray the car down, what settings would I use for basic wash vs stripping wax?

Next I have Riccardo yellow clay and wolfgang clay lube

M 105 - I dont think I need this for my car anymore, hopfully...

M 205 - I plan on going over the car with this to fix any swirls

Here is my next question: What should I use AFTER M205 to help give my silver paint more POP/Shine/Depth I am really disappointed in silvers ability to look good vs my red mustang.

After that I have menzerna power lock and pinacle souveran paste.

Can you please look over my lineup and give me any tips to make the silver look nicer? I can upload a picture of my car later if it would help make any decisions.

Silver is always a hard color to make pop. Great color to hide dirt. M105/205 is a great combo. Lately some have been suggesting a 50/50 mix of M205 & M82. M82 is a glaze. I don't use many glazes but they have a place. If you polish with M205 and use the right pads it's going to shine. Next step would be seal it or wax it. If it doesn't have the pop you want try the glaze then seal/wax it.

Never used the power lock or souveran paste but they are quality products and should work fine.

I agree with Rmagnus. Light colors wont have that dramatic POP and Depth that darker colors have. This is why I love Reds, Black, Blue, Green & Yellow paint.

You can make light colors shiny, no doubt. I find that most light colors benefit from sealants, than a carnuba based LSP. If your car was more of a dark gray or dark silver metallic, then you would have something to work with as far as carnuba waxes are concerned.

Agreed. My car is lime green. With a wax it compliments it but not anything like a dark colored car.

Thanks a lot for all the tips guys, detail will happen once my supplies get in.

Silver is always a hard color to make pop. Great color to hide dirt. M105/205 is a great combo. Lately some have been suggesting a 50/50 mix of M205 & M82. M82 is a glaze. I don't use many glazes but they have a place. If you polish with M205 and use the right pads it's going to shine. Next step would be seal it or wax it. If it doesn't have the pop you want try the glaze then seal/wax it.

Never used the power lock or souveran paste but they are quality products and should work fine.

speaking of supplies.. I originally bought red/black/orange lc ccs pads, i just restocked my pads with the lc hydrotech i think it is, I got oranges and blacks, what pad should I use m205 with for a good shine?

White pad with 205 finishes nice, lighten up your pressure on the last few passes. You could use the black finishing pad also, it doesn't have any cut, so it will just be the 205 working to remove defects.

I got amazing depth and gloss out of Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover followed by Wolfgang Finishing Glaze on a silver Acura.

I've used Souvern and Fuzion on silver and the Fuzion has better depth and gloss.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Prep is everything for paint. I have only worked with M205 a few times but had very good results. I have a silver car and have tried a lot of combinations of lsp's. I think carnauba is

the best to achieve high gloss for silver paint. I haven't tried Souveran on my silver car yet but this Migliore is a carnauba wax and looks pretty good. Silver is a nice color and I like it but

there's only so much you can do with it. It has its time of day.

mig_comp.jpg

Thanks a lot for all the tips guys, detail will happen once my supplies get in.

speaking of supplies.. I originally bought red/black/orange lc ccs pads, i just restocked my pads with the lc hydrotech i think it is, I got oranges and blacks, what pad should I use m205 with for a good shine?

I'm always trying new pads. I like CG, CCS and hydros. NOt really sure what the favorite might be. Then the polisher your using influences the deal as well.

With CCS the white pads get the most use for polishing. Dropping down to the black pad would be considered highly polishing or finishing work as it's less aggressive than the white. Same holds true with the red. I really do not see any difference between the red and black. I generally use white for polish, blaxk for wax, red for sealant.

Hydros I use mainly on a Flex. Tangerine (your orange I'm guessing) is the main polishing pad similar to CCs's white. The crimison is the finishing pad and the blue is the compound pad.

M205 is just awesome try different pads to modify your results. Always do a test area to be safe. Once byou find the desired result then do the entire car.

Thanks again, I forgot to mention im using the pc7424 xp or w/e it is. It was the hydrotech tangerine pads that I just ordered 3 of so that should be perfect if they are close to the ccs whites.

Does anyone know anything about the settings on that sprayer I linked?

Ill post pics after im done, supplies wont be here for a few more days.

Back