PDA

View Full Version : So anyone tried the new nano skin glass products?

fenderpicks
03-27-2013, 10:11 AM
So at DF, I was surprisingly amazed by the nano skin line up.

They had their brand new coating
Along with a few extra glass products, such as rain prep and rain glass sealant.

They showed me a demo of the rain glass sealant in action, and I was blown away, I said to myself I'm getting this entire glass product line up!!!!

PS: The demo was that, they provided me 2 pieces of glass and they told me to scratch the glass with 1 as I hold the other one.
So it scratched and that sound was not pleasant lol. So anyways after that he sprayed 1 of the glass with the rain glass sealant, and I tried again, this time it didn't scratch, it just glide on the glass as I rubbed against it.

So there u know the details now.

But as soon as I got home from DF from a 1,200 miles, I unbox all my goodies and geez that rain prep I bought along with the use of the glass sealant, it smells so bad!!! It turns out it contains high amount of ammonia, to open to pores of glass, so the sealant could bond better.
I'm afraid the rain prep could potentially discolor my weather stripping around my windshield....

So I am hoping someone genre on the forum have any experience with the product that could shed me a light or 2

Feed back please

WRXINXS
03-27-2013, 10:20 AM
No first hand experience here. I was interested when I saw it for sale here on AG but decided to go with Opti-Glass. I have ordered Nanoskin's Bubble Bath car shampoo to try. They have a very interesting line-up.

Dr_Pain
03-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey Ivan, I have no first hand experience with the product so take this for what it is worth.

Being that ammonia is such a strong cleaner, you may end up removing some of the oils of the rubber gasket around your windows, if the prep does come in direct contact with it OR if it is allowed to stay on too long. My un-knowledgeable advise would be to tape the gasket, and to neutralize the solution as soon as allowable by the manufacturer spec.

I would venture a guess that they thought about it and would have created a contingent plan (in the concentration or formulation) to avoid those kinds of issues.

When in doubt.... call them! .... and let us know :dblthumb2:

fenderpicks
03-27-2013, 08:43 PM
I actually did call them the other day, i spoke with a rep from Nanoskin, they told me it will not harm the rubber weather stripping, but i have doubts on what they told me, so im still not sold in using this my cars.......

john b
03-27-2013, 09:07 PM
tape it off really good