Where to buy Detailing Masking tape? Can't find any

sasson

Reaction score
I am looking around for weeks to buy myself some Detailing Masking tape ( For polishing and stuff... )

I had the blue one from 3M, bought on Ebay ( 3M HIGH PERFORMANCE MASKING TAPE ).
That leaves no residue, really nice tape!

I don't live in the US, and I need to send those products overseas... so I guess I would have to buy them from the internet...

The problem is that I can't find that tape on the internet and The one that I bought on ebay is no lover active... ( only other one that costs about 8$ a ROLL!!!! ).

Anyone knows where to buy a good tape? I just don't know any other good tapes... as I had experience only with that one...

I would love to hear recommendations and any links to buy some tape! :dblthumb2:

:hungry::hungry:

( Autogeek has only meguairs tape and I heard it leaves glue and stuff... really bad feedback. ):nomore:

Feed back pleaseFeed back please

Home Depot, Lowe's and a paint store. I get my tape at the local paint stop its cheaper don't buy the frog tape has chemicals in it.

Home Depot, Lowe's and a paint store. I get my tape at the local paint stop its cheaper.

there is no "Detailing" tape in my country =/...
I can't just go to the store and buy some :nomore:

No one paints in your country?

It's just painters tape.

There are just a few types in my county
Do you mean painters tape ? we have that... that one that goes in the oven when painting a car... ( for really high temp ), Is it that one?
no selection here...
I know what I bought is a tape that has no residue, easy on and off...

I will try to look for sure I guess, I have nowhere to look for... No home depot here, no costco, no best buy, no target... no nothing! I really do want to come back to the US... once I come back again... I will never leave...

You want the tape used for painting houses from the hardware store. Go see whatever store sells house paint where you live.

If you get tape that has lots of residue, something I picked up from someone else is to take the tape and just tape your pants and lift. It will keep most or all of the residue on your pants instead of on your paint.

If you use the tape that they use on cars when they put them in the heated booth to paint that's a good one. It will not leave residue or stick super hard(and peel it off =O) to the paint, so that one will work perfect for you.

( Autogeek has only meguairs tape and I heard it leaves glue and stuff...

Autogeek carries the 3M blue vinyl tape Mike used on the Heartland AMX. They have it in 1/4 & 1/8". It looks like it has some stretch to it making it easier to maneuver around tight radius's. I'm going to get the 1/4" on my next AG order and use it just for panel edge protection.

3M Vinyl Tape - 06405

If you get tape that has lots of residue, something I picked up from someone else is to take the tape and just tape your pants and lift. It will keep most or all of the residue on your pants instead of on your paint.

:props: Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna try that next time.

Thank you all for your help, I called a place, they sell those kind of tapes...
Only in cases ( 48 in each case ) =/ But it's cheap so... =)

Thanks for the help!

Back