Beater Car Milestone

runrun411

Reaction score
I'd like to thank the following:
Classic Auto Body, Greenwich, CT
Oil Star, Stamford, CT
Most of all the greatest co-pilot of all time. God, for he has allowed me to believe that I was the Driver when in fact it was him who was in control all along.

That's crazy!congrats on making it to 400, wow!is that a corolla?

Awesome! :props:

Out of curiosity:

1)Which brand(s) & grade of motor oil did you use?

2)Mileage between service intervals?

3)Any surprises/unexpected repair(s)?*

*My '06 Forester had experienced radiator leakage @ 78K (bursting at the seam). Luckily I already have a nice aluminum radiator in storage, ready to be switched out along with other upgrades. An hour later and I was back on the road. I've owned numerous imports over the course of 26 yrs, and have not once dealt with this type failure before. It was totally unexpected considering all maintenance were done on time & by the book, not to mention I'm the original owner.

That's awesome. I had a 91 Acura Legend coupe in the family that lasted until 286,000 miles. I never did any major maintenance to it other than an oil change, air filter, and spark plugs.

Someone ran into it parked and RIP...I miss it.

Congrats!

Awesome! :props:

Out of curiosity:

1)Which brand(s) & grade of motor oil did you use?

2)Mileage between service intervals?

3)Any surprises/unexpected repair(s)?*

*My '06 Forester had experienced radiator leakage @ 78K (bursting at the seam). Luckily I already have a nice aluminum radiator in storage, ready to be switched out along with other upgrades. An hour later and I was back on the road. I've owned numerous imports over the course of 26 yrs, and have not once dealt with this type failure before. It was totally unexpected considering all maintenance were done on time & by the book, not to mention I'm the original owner.

1) Full synthetic oil, Castrol or Pennzoil
2) Service intervals was a crap shoot. other than oil and air filter changes (every 5,000 miles).
3) there were a few (fuel pump, radiator, CV joints, themostat housing)

Oh, believe me it's not to say 400,000 didn't come without it's cost. I hit a deer about 5 times. I'm gonna use it as my test mule for detail products. Pics soon.

Congragts!

At my old job I was in charge of our 3 vans, making sure they went in for work and I took care of the PM's at the local oil change shop, Valvoline. The 97' Safari was bought new and over 8+ yrs it went 656k on the original motor (oil pump @80k, that's it) and trans, even the rad and water pump went 300k!

I'm sure you've got a book of records and can't wait to see the pics! Who knows, Hyundai finds out about this they might give you 40% off a new one, LOL. I know Volvo gave a guy a brand new car after a million miles on one he had!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Congragts!

At my old job I was in charge of our 3 vans, making sure they went in for work and I took care of the PM's at the local oil change shop, Valvoline. The 97' Safari was bought new and over 8+ yrs it went 656k on the original motor (oil pump @80k, that's it) and trans, even the rad and water pump went 300k!

I'm sure you've got a book of records and can't wait to see the pics! Who knows, Hyundai finds out about this they might give you 40% off a new one, LOL. I know Volvo gave a guy a brand new car after a million miles on one he had!

Here's pics of the ol' girl. She's in really bad need of paint correction.

For 400k and 5 deer run-ins looks pretty decent to me. Is it an auto or stick? How has the trans held up during this time?

Back