PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of glaze??

capnp72
04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
This may seem like a stupid question but what is the benefit of using a glaze other than filling in swirls/scratches that weren't removed when correcting?

dorkiedoode
04-12-2013, 09:35 AM
It Pretty much add an extra layer of depth and gloss to the car therefore help hide imperfection. I don't see much benifit unless youre going to a car show the follow day or you're just anal about detailing. I won't invest in glaze product because I want my sealant to last as long as possible.

goodinblack
04-12-2013, 10:14 AM
So the glaze makes the sealant less effective?

silverfox
04-12-2013, 10:41 AM
1) You can't keep polishing your car over and over...at some point you will want to FILL rather than REMOVE...and swirls will keep coming back, especially those that you can't control. Some day somebody will come up with a product that fills in swirls and makes the car look absolutely flawless... that won't easily be removed and eliminates the need to shave away ANY clear coat. I think its the next revolution in car products. You just re-apply as needed and the paint is like new again without compromising it. Sonus Swirl Buster is sort of a pre-cursor.

2) They DO add a look that cars without them don't have. I can tell if a car has glaze on it. Its an acquired thing I guess because I've used them for a long time and I always use a glaze just before a car show.

3) Some have the ability to CLEAN the paint and add acrylic protection as well, so they simply don't just fill in swirls. The newer acrylic based glazes won't easily wash off. EZ Creme is an excellent post-polish cleaner. Glossworkz, Wet GLaze 2.0 are excellent pre-LSP products. Wet Glaze can also be applied post-LSP.

zmcgovern45
04-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Chemical Guys Extreme EZ-Creme Glaze with Acrylic Shine II

Product Information
-The perfect prep step before applying a sealant to enhance the gloss and depth of any color paint, while hiding minor imperfections
-The acrylic based formula makes it compatible with both sealants and waxes
-Best applied with a foam applicator pad as thin as possible and removed with a microfiber towel
-When using a buffer, best applied with a black finishing pad

Product Description
The EZ Creme Glaze with Acrylic Shine II is a great way to quickly add lots of shine back to your paint. With just one application you will add dramatic depth and gloss that makes the paint look very deep. Apply the EZ Creme Glaze by hand or with a buffer and you'll instantly notice how it helps fill in imperfections and provide a more uniform appearance to the clear coat. This special formula helps fill in and ultra fine swirls, so they are not visible to the naked eye. The shine left behind is quite remarkable and gives you an unbelievable amount of gloss that really grabs the light for maximum reflection. The polymers included in this formula helps you get a longer lasting shine which differentiates this formula from other glazes. The versatility and impressive results make it extremely valuable for any detailer to have. Use it after applying polishes and before applying a sealant or wax. No matter where you use the EZ Creme Glaze in your routine you are sure to add more shine with this easy to use formula.

I use EZ Creme Glaze after I do a full correction to enhance the gloss and promote better protection.

I'm sure most of you have done the "hand test" to see if you can fee the difference between an area that was clayed and an area that was not... I'm sure most people have done the same test between an area that was polished and an area that was not... there is a dramatic difference in the slickness between an area that was clayed vs. not and an area that was polished vs. not... well there is a big difference between an area with CG EZ Creme vs. and area that does not have it (but has already been clayed and polished). This added slickness is a sign that the paint will definitely be more glossy.

I have never used this glaze due to it's filler properties, as I typically only use it after polishing, however it is a great product and for the price, and the limited amount of time it takes to apply... why not use it?

Mike Phillips
04-12-2013, 11:15 AM
This may seem like a stupid question but what is the benefit of using a glaze other than filling in swirls/scratches that weren't removed when correcting?

Good question...

Kind of depends upon what you're working on...

The historical roots for the word glaze comes from the refinishing industry where they would "glaze' fresh paint because you were not supposed to seal fresh paint till all the solvents had finished out-gassing.

Don't wax your car for at least 30 days! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/26967-don-t-wax-your-car-least-30-days.html)

Fresh Paint - But you can touch it... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/28717-fresh-paint-but-you-can-touch.html)

Body Shop Safe Glaze on Fresh Paint - #7 Show Car Glaze (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/28659-body-shop-safe-glaze-fresh-paint-7-show-car-glaze.html)

Now days waxes and sealants often times have the word glaze as a part of their name while technically they are waxes and sealants, not actual glazes.

:xyxthumbs: